SNF JOB INTERVIEW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RBpt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some tips please !!!!!!!I have an onsite interview in a skilled nursing facility .What are the possible questions during the interview ?? I am a new grad and this is my first job interview . Do i have to study for the case related questions ?? I'm nervous to death .
I would appreciate any help . Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You will be fine. If you have a license, they will hire you. Maybe learn some about RUG categories. Avoid jobs that place productivity standards on you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me some tips please !!!!!!!I have an onsite interview in a skilled nursing facility .What are the possible questions during the interview ?? I am a new grad and this is my first job interview . Do i have to study for the case related questions ?? I'm nervous to death .
I would appreciate any help . Thanks

How did the interview go? Would you mind sharing your experience and what kinds of questions they asked?

It's generally a lot easier (and less desirable) to get jobs at SNF so they will practically take anyone who is willing to do the job. Just brush up on your basic interview questions and you will be fine.

It's generally a lot easier (and less desirable) to get jobs at SNF so they will practically take anyone who is willing to do the job. Just brush up on your basic interview questions and you will be fine.

Can you explain why SNFs are easier to get hired than other settings? I look forward to working in a SNF, so this is really nice to hear haha.

It’s generally easier to get jobs in SNF by most people don’t want to work in a SNF

Tips for a SNF interview:

1. Have a PT license
2. Show up

Fin.

I hire for SNF's. I work for a smaller local contract company and it is not just a have a license and show up type deal. I have clinical questions I ask on top of more basic interview, getting a feel for the interviewee type questions. We care very much about making the right hire for the team/facility and continuity. Someone with good clinical skills.

Also to say to avoid jobs with productivity requirements is crazy. Never heard of no productivity requirement. Some are higher than others sure and I would be wary of anything over 88% for an evaluator but anything 88 or lower is very easy and attainable.

SNF's always get this bad wrap (mostly from therapists who have never worked in one and dont know what they are talking about) but how many OP practices have therapists seeing 3-4 patients in one hour? I never treat more than one patient at a time. I work for a therapist owned contract company that care about ethical practices, puts the patients first and cares about their employees. But of course we have a productivity standard. The company needs to make money. Why should the employees not be held accountable?

My favorite are therapists who complain about therapy companies being too focused on the bottom line but then being the first ones out the door if they dont get the raise they want. They think they shouldnt have any productivity standard and should be able to do as much or little treatment as they want but get paid $90,000/year. When it comes to the companies bottom line they are all high and mighty and critical but when it comes to their personal bottom line they sing a different tune.

Obviously there are bad companies out there who do unethical things but I have seen therapists complain about reasonable expectations and good companies and think they should be able to be 50% productive but get paid top dollar.

I recently had an interview for a SNF setting and was asked pretty standard interview questions such as: what are your strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker/supervisor and how you handled it, what would your CIs say about you, and also what is the biggest favor you’ve done for someone recently and what do you like to do in your spare time.
Overall I felt like the rehab director was trying to get a good feel if I would be a good fit. I have a lot of experience (for a new grad) with the geriatric population and tried to emphasize that with my answers. It ended with a tour of the facility and meeting some of the staff. I felt it was a pretty low stress interview.

Good luck! :)