SNS powder nails in the OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thegreatjaspy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Artificial nails are not allowed but what about gel or SNS powder nails? It is hard to find up to date information since it seems that the popular nail treatment is always changing. Sns powder does not involve adding an artificial nail tip, does that mean it's ok?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I read this and saw that @OrthoTraumaMD was the last commenter and then saw that not much information was on UpToDate about this, I thought this was an Ortho thing I'd never heard of.
 
Depends on the hospital. If it doesn't chip, nail polish is allowed, except artificial nails.
Agreed. No artificial tips, no chipped polish is my rule.

I am loving OPI's gel in "Keep It In Neutral" these days for a sheer neutral that doesn't catch the eye of the more militant OR nurses but still makes my hands look well-groomed.