So all I need for the DAT are two photo IDs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to make sure :)
Probably will take 3 forms of ID. Some food/water. Layered clothing.

That's it?

Members don't see this ad.

I need to make sure :)
Probably will take 3 forms of ID. Some food/water. Layered clothing.

That's it?

they only asked me for one.
you should visit your test centre a few days before the test to see what they have. for example, I found out they provide you with a locker that i stored my stuff in. I took my passport just in case.

Also, my testing centre was like in the attic of a large suburb mall - really wierd location - so it took me a while to find the first time. Definately relieved a lot of stress the day of my test.

Finally, if you go early, and they have an open computer (which is likely).. you will probably start your test early. I had no idea, so I went half an hour early intending to wait and clear my mind, but instead they sent me right in to a computer... I wish i had known this.

good luck man.

all you really need to take for your id is one photo id, and another which has your signature. a driver's license and a credit card will do...that's what I heard anyway.

they do give you a locker, but I don't know if you're supposed to keep your id's in there, it would be kind of weird if you had to take it with you to your computer.

i'm taking it on monday...i'm scared out of my mind.

they only asked me for one.
you should visit your test centre a few days before the test to see what they have. for example, I found out they provide you with a locker that i stored my stuff in. I took my passport just in case.

Also, my testing centre was like in the attic of a large suburb mall - really wierd location - so it took me a while to find the first time. Definately relieved a lot of stress the day of my test.

Finally, if you go early, and they have an open computer (which is likely).. you will probably start your test early. I had no idea, so I went half an hour early intending to wait and clear my mind, but instead they sent me right in to a computer... I wish i had known this.

good luck man.

wow, that sucks. You trying to get psyched for the test and instead they put you in front of the comp. lol
At least you had the 15 min tutorial. :)
you nailed still it

all you really need to take for your id is one photo id, and another which has your signature. a driver's license and a credit card will do...that's what I heard anyway.

they do give you a locker, but I don't know if you're supposed to keep your id's in there, it would be kind of weird if you had to take it with you to your computer.

i'm taking it on monday...i'm scared out of my mind.

Same...I will love or hate that day of the week for the rest of my life.

Members don't see this ad :)
If offered to take it early, refuse respectfully! Allow yourself to put yourself in the right mindset, chill a little, then go in and do your thing, at least that is what I am going to do.

Same thing happened to me. I arrived about 30 minutes early, and the testing center seated me immediately. It spooked me out a little, but the tutorial helped calm my nerves.

I took mine in san francisco, they were very serious and strict. The guy wanted two IDS...one signed. I got out my pen and signed my credit card and gave it to him.

That's the rules of course, so it's totally understable...but it was interesting nevertheless.

I was joking around with the girl proctor and it took like 3-4 jokes before she would drop her serious front and actually laugh for sec.

Do I need to print off that email they sent me that includes my confirmation number?

Take a chocolate bar. Eat half 15 min before the test and then one during the break.
Totally helps.
I got seated early too... it was ok.
I visited the place beforehand as well - helped a lot.

Cool, one less thing to worry about.

Take a chocolate bar. Eat half 15 min before the test and then one during the break.
Totally helps.
I got seated early too... it was ok.
I visited the place beforehand as well - helped a lot.

I know someone who visited so I am not. Also, because it is VERY far away. Like 2 hours.