So Bernie wants to increase midlevels AND increase their practice rights

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you click his link?
Tbh, I completely missed it. I thought it was part of his signature (I don't use this site very often). Looks like by expenditure we are right on the average when normalizing for GDP (figure 3). However, when I talk about underfunding, I'm talking about local underfunding in low income neighborhoods and the fact that schools get money from local taxes. Obviously on the whole we spend money on education, especially in private schools and well-funded public school systems in wealthy areas. However, it's undeniable that many schools are underfunded, primarily those that are yielding the worst results.

Again, it's not entirely or even primarily a funding issue. However, funding is an issue.

Members don't see this ad.

Tbh, I completely missed it. I thought it was part of his signature (I don't use this site very often). Looks like by expenditure we are right on the average when normalizing for GDP (figure 3). However, when I talk about underfunding, I'm talking about local underfunding in low income neighborhoods and the fact that schools get money from local taxes. Obviously on the whole we spend money on education, especially in private schools and well-funded public school systems in wealthy areas. However, it's undeniable that many schools are underfunded, primarily those that are yielding the worst results.

Again, it's not entirely or even primarily a funding issue. However, funding is an issue.
I can't speak for everywhere, but in my state the poorer districts actually get more money per pupil than the wealthier ones.

I can't speak for everywhere, but in my state the poorer districts actually get more money per pupil than the wealthier ones.
This is a debate we could have for ages and never resolve. It will get into the nitty gritty of effects of funding district by district. It will involve too much googling and amateurish analysis, and probably will become detached from the debate and become more about two people wanting to win an argument.

We can quote right-wing think tanks or left-wing think thanks or any number of fairly legitimate news sources in between with articles written by people who supposedly have done their research (and who are more qualified than you or I) and came to mixed and different conclusions (The Atlantic, The Washington Post, Forbes, etc...). Further, we're not even that far ideologically. It's not like I'm claiming every district is underfunded or even that funding is the primary issue. So why have the debate?

Either way, it's all besides the point. The thread is about midlevels, practice rights, and various proposals for improving healthcare in the US. My final stance: I don't think single payer is a bad proposal. I think Medicare for All in the US is a bad proposal, and people like Bernie Sanders trying to make up for the deficits by expanding independent practice rights to people who learned about medicine on the internet and never gained clinical experience actually training to be the primary decision maker is foolish, short-sighted, and dangerous. I don't think there's much more I can contribute to the thread.

I support left-leaning policies, and I'm rooting for a paradigm shift in US politics. Until we get that shift, I do not support selling out our patients and providers to policies that won't work for someone else's political gain and for internet activists moral victory.