So checked out...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrZeke

yzarc gniog ylwolS
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Almost time for PGY-2 year to start. Anyone else as checked out as I am?

Members don't see this ad.

Zeke I know that feeling...lol day I passed step 3(2 weeks ago) I mentally checked out. Haha funny thing is I'm basically done with everything I need to do in order to transition to my new program...so it's a reallly good feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Zeke I know that feeling...lol day I passed step 3(2 weeks ago) I mentally checked out. Haha funny thing is I'm basically done with everything I need to do in order to transition to my new program...so it's a reallly good feeling.

NICE :)

Done with all my paperwork just one more month of wards and I'm done... But I just finished a month and a half of clinic (shadowing) and elective AKA vacation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goood for you! I just have anesthesia and ER left. Last day of intern year June 13th!

Wow you two are lucky! I don't finish up until 6/20.

I start again a week later... I gave up all my vacation minus Christmas and 1 week to move...

Lol I don't start until July 1st. Community TYs rock as far as scheduling is concerned...quality of education, not so much.

Lol I don't start until July 1st. Community TYs rock as far as scheduling is concerned...quality of education, not so much.

I'm jelly. Maybe after my IM year I won't feel as bulldozed by the challenges of pgy2 year... Or maybe I'll wish I had chilled a bit more this year. Time will tell.

I am jam. Did Pre-lim year at busy university program (I had family incentives to stay, and I thought how bad could it be). Learned A TON! of medicine, but wow.... can I say much respect to my medicine peers. I feel like I could easily moonlight, so long as I don't get any liver bombs or have to place any lines/do paras. However, the fact that i spend a whole year acquiring skills that will be of little use in my chosen profession is not lost on me. On the other hand, I'm entering a program that is front heavy with respect to ophtho call and hours. But given the amount of times I've approached 80 hours or broken it, I feel like I can take on the world without skipping a beat. Thats the nice thing about a busy PGY1 year. If you don't burn out, you pretty much feel like nothing can faze you...

I am jam. Did Pre-lim year at busy university program (I had family incentives to stay, and I thought how bad could it be). Learned A TON! of medicine, but wow.... can I say much respect to my medicine peers. I feel like I could easily moonlight, so long as I don't get any liver bombs or have to place any lines/do paras. However, the fact that i spend a whole year acquiring skills that will be of little use in my chosen profession is not lost on me. On the other hand, I'm entering a program that is front heavy with respect to ophtho call and hours. But given the amount of times I've approached 80 hours or broken it, I feel like I can take on the world without skipping a beat. Thats the nice thing about a busy PGY1 year. If you don't burn out, you pretty much feel like nothing can faze you...

I feel similar in terms of hours and respect for medicine. On the other hand I do not feel at all like I could moonlight. Lol.

Even though I broke 80 hours sometimes and worked in the 70s regularly on floors, I never had to work more than 16 hours straight without being off. Home call is gonna be an experience...I'm not sure anything can prepare me.

Home call is both awesome and it sucks. You're not in the hospital all night, but at the same time, you don't get off the next day. Worst ones are home calls where you have to operate at 6 or 7 AM in the morning, ugh. I'm so glad I'll be done with primary call soon and strictly be on back-up infrequently.

Yeah that post call day off is clutch -- primary home call is pretty brutal when you're covering 2-4 different hospitals