So Curious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Something I forgot to mention- there is an asterisk next to most, but not all of the unfilled programs listed. Its explained that the asterisk means people scrambling are to use "ERAS to scramble" into these programs. Out of the now 10 programs unfilled (23 spots), 5 do not have this asterisk by them. I don't know if these programs are holding spots for people outside the match and not allowing people to scramble for them.?

I counted 20 programs with 52 spots right when the list was released.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that this is official - just what I've heard from others I know who are scrambling.
Apparently these were the numbers when the sdcramble opened...but again...like I said - it's all hearsay.

The numbers are listed in the following order: # spots available through the match, # filled through the match, # unfilled through the match
U CT Health Centre
8 7 1

Medical College Georgia
7 5 2

Rush University Medical Centre
8 5 3

Uinversity Iowa Hospital
1 0 1
10 5 5

University of Kansas SOM-Wichita
5 3 2

Johns Hopkins Hospital
19 18 1

Baystate Medical Centre
5 4 1

Massachusetts General Hospital
20 16 4

Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Centre
2 1 1

NY Methodist Hospital
1 0 1

NYP Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Centre
16 14 2

Nassau University Medical Centre
1 0 1

SUNY Brooklyn
6 4 2

SUNY Upstate
10 3 7

Stony Brook
10 4 6

Uinversity of VT
4 3 1

University Washington Affiliated Hospitals
14 10 4

Whats up with Rush not filling for the third or fourth year in a row? They seem like a very solid clinical program and produce very excellent residents, and get some great fellowhsips. Also, it is in one of the world's greatest cities! I must admit, that the interview day there was pretty lame and the chair seemed a bit brash and defensive, but is there really anything else going on behind the scenes there that would lead to this? I know they work hard, but so do residents at a lot of programs, and they all fill.

I think it has the "malignant" label by many applicants. It probably has a worse rep than it deserves, but when you say the words "malignant program," Rush is usually in the list that comes out of an applicants mouth, even if they haven't been there. Hopefully they can turn that around. Any thoughts Vent??