Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
so...discussion about creation, religion, etc.( respectful)
Started by wjs010
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
If you think about though, from a purely medical standpoint, elective abortion (when there is no health issues for mother/child or special circumstances i.e. rape, incest) is a pretty adverse thing for a physician to perform.
You are ending a life, or at minimum a potentiality of life. Forget religion and economics, as a doctor, it would be tough for me to say, ok we have a nice little human growing here...lets go ahead and arrest its biological functioning. As far as medicine is concerned, in those cases, we would be doing harm.
(this may not be a popular view...but at least its correct 😀 )
Are we really gonna talk about this, cause I'm gonna burst here....okay, okay...
I agree that it's an adverse thing, and quite honestly I could never perform a surgical abortion. I believe life begins at conception, don't get me wrong I don't believe personhood begins at conception, but my own personal morals prevent me from directly ending life in that manner. That said, I believe every woman has a right to decide for themselves. I think there is greater harm in sweeping abortion under the rug and treating it like the elephant in the room. I have no moral dilemma about referring women out for abortions or prescribing the abortion pill. I would rather know where my patients are going and what they're having done before they start showing up in my office or the ER hemorrhaging from complications. I want to be properly trained to handle post-abortion care, know the warning signs of complications, and be able to treat those complications should they arise.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we really gonna talk about this, cause I'm gonna burst here....okay, okay...
I agree that it's an adverse thing, and quite honestly I could never perform a surgical abortion. I believe life begins at conception, don't get me wrong I don't believe personhood begins at conception, but my own personal morals prevent me from directly ending life in that manner. That said, I believe every woman has a right to decide for themselves. I think there is greater harm in sweeping abortion under the rug and treating it like the elephant in the room. I have no moral dilemma about referring women out for abortions or prescribing the abortion pill. I would rather know where my patients are going and what they're having done before they start showing up in my office or the ER hemorrhaging from complications. I want to be properly trained to handle post-abortion care, know the warning signs of complications, and be able to treat those complications should they arise.
A great way to put it. And I'm pretty sure most would agree.
I'm glad you brought up another aspect of the issue, which is, people are going to do it. So I can fully understand why docs perform abortions.
But, like I initially stated, and you concurred, it would be a difficult thing to do.
Uh, great. Thank for the info...but, we are chatting about medical ethics, not religious morals.
I just wanted to point out that my ethics are guided by my religion
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
I just wanted to point out that my ethics are guided by my religion
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
sorry to hear that , bro
D
deleted103644
I just wanted to point out that my ethics are guided by my religion
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
Me too!
All hail Satan!
D
deleted103644
Giant evil gods.
inb4zeussmitesallofyouortheanunnakicomeback,which ever happens first
D
deleted103644
Am I the only one who would have felt a lot better if L Ron Hubbard had started a medical school and AT Still a religion?

These threads used to be so much better...
Now it's...this.
Now it's...this.
Am I the only one who would have felt a lot better if L Ron Hubbard had started a medical school and AT Still a religion?
![]()
i don't know you very well. Heard you were a rad tech, right?
😎
This thread needs to be closed.
i don't know you very well. Heard you were a rad tech, right?
😎
Haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread has run it's course. Closing.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K
