So how do they contact you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrAnonymous

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious how they contact you if you were accepted. Do they send it by mail, email, or do they call you? The reason I am asking is because I think I am missing their phone calls since I live on the west coast and most schools I applied to are on the east coast. So if they called, I wouldn't get the phone call.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that Rochester calls to give you the good news (I'm on a waitlist, unfortunately :-(
As for the two acceptances I've gotten so far, both were in the mail (one regular, one certified return receipt requested)

Hopkins and Stanford call you if you are accepted.

The following send letters if you are accepted: NY Med, Einstein, USC, UCI, Dartmouth, Georgetown, George Washington, Vanderbilt.

Members don't see this ad :)
most of my acceptances have come by dream or through mental telepathy. the deans told me that i'd get the letters in the mail a few days later, but i'm getting kind of nervous since my mailbox has been empty for the last few weeks...
smile.gif

seriously though, i know that harvard mails everything (rain or shine) at the end of february and that baylor gives you the ring-a-ding-ding when you're accepted (my phone's been quiet thus far, thank you very much). all of my waitlist letters have come in those stylish thin envelopes.

Does anyone else not understand the question? I am not sure how living on the west coast would hinder your chances of getting a phone call from a school on the east coast. Could you please explain what you mean?

My guess is that the three hour time zone difference puts MrAnonymous out of touch at peak calling times for the east coasters, and must not have an answering machine.

[This message has been edited by docuw (edited 02-07-2001).]

Originally posted by jimi:
Hopkins and Stanford call you if you are accepted.

The following send letters if you are accepted: NY Med, Einstein, USC, UCI, Dartmouth, Georgetown, George Washington, Vanderbilt.

i got a call from vandy. rochester calls. nyu, einstein, sinai, and penn state send letters. michigan emails.

Originally posted by doof:
i got a call from vandy. rochester calls. nyu, einstein, sinai, and penn state send letters. michigan emails.

how strange, I guess they don't have a standard format...because I got a letter from Vandy.