So how many classes have YOU retaken?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many classes have you retaken?

Votes: 22 28.2%

Votes: 17 21.8%

Votes: 14 17.9%

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 5 or more.

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
0. I probably should have retaken organic I, where I made a B-.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless your MCAT is borderline (24-26) or you haven't taken courses in several years, retaking a B- with a high gpa seems like a waste of time and money. You're better off taking a new science class and getting an A.

0. The schools - MD or DO see your entire transcript no matter what. Unless you got a C or below, there's really no point. In my own humble opinion.

I got three C's my first semester. Since then my worst grade was one B this summer for a 7 week Physics II class. I was very upset, but it was super hard. But I average an A- so my GPA is not steller (3.57 now, if I get all As next semester, which is my goal, then it'll be 3.62).

I've retaken 0 up to this point, but I think I'm going to have to. 3.21 cGPA, 2.87 sGPA. I thought my 33 on the MCAT would get me in the door at DO schools, but it has yet to get me any interviews (did get quite a bit of secondaries, though). I got 2.0s in both Gen chem 1+2, figure if I retake both of those at a CC that will help my sGPA out quite a bit.