-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Gastroenterology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
So how many GI programs are you applying to?
Started by Dr. Don
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi Dr. Don,
You'll find in coming months that unfortunately this is not a very active forum.
Anyway, as for how many apps, it really depends. GI is definitely more competitve than IM residency applications. At the same time, when I interviewed, I met applicants from Hopkins/MGH/etc. who applied to <10 programs. Within my own IM program, we ranged from ~10 programs to 30+. It all depends on your competitiveness, comfort level, financial status (app fees, flights, etc.), and willingness to travel to interviews.
You'll find in coming months that unfortunately this is not a very active forum.
Anyway, as for how many apps, it really depends. GI is definitely more competitve than IM residency applications. At the same time, when I interviewed, I met applicants from Hopkins/MGH/etc. who applied to <10 programs. Within my own IM program, we ranged from ~10 programs to 30+. It all depends on your competitiveness, comfort level, financial status (app fees, flights, etc.), and willingness to travel to interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When will the NRMP site let us register for the 2010 GI match?
When will the NRMP site let us register for the 2010 GI match?
i believe in early january
gihunter, if you can afford it, go for it!
Hi guys, I am really surprised...Do we need to apply to more than 100 programs? I am an IMG doing IM residency at a community hospital. I have 10 national poster presentation(8 in GI) and only one publication. Do I stand a chance for fellowship interview. Do the PDs consider poster presentations at all? can anyone please help me. Thanks
Thanks namrata, I havent had any interviews yet. I am still in application phase and was worried about my chances of getting an interview.
I will wait for your info.
I will wait for your info.
Thanks namrata, I havent had any interviews yet. I am still in application phase and was worried about my chances of getting an interview.
I will wait for your info.
I have 28 programs on my queue, but I'm gonna start out applying to 10 programs and broaden from there if I don't get much activity by late December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad