So, how many of you spent weeks perfecting your personal statement...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LINK1290

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...only to find one sentence that still sounds a little strange after you've finally submitted your application?

Burns me up.

Members don't see this ad.

its not my PS, but i spent a good 2 weeks on a secondary essay...only to submit it late last night and notice this morning i had a typo..."an" when it was supposed to be "a". just bugs me because i saw there were no red squiggles in word, but guess was too tired to see the green one. :(

I spent 3 months carefully crafting every single line. When I was done puring my heart and soul into my PS, I gave it to my mother, a senior marketing director at Hartford Financial, who took it and made it even better.

I then spent $150 to have a professional med school editing service go over it and make it even stronger.

I can honestly say my PS is the greatest piece of writing that I have ever done. I just hope its enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent 3 months carefully crafting every single line. When I was done puring my heart and soul into my PS, I gave it to my mother, a senior marketing director at Hartford Financial, who took it and made it even better.

I then spent $150 to have a professional med school editing service go over it and make it even stronger.

I can honestly say my PS is the greatest piece of writing that I have ever done. I just hope its enough.

Wow. Just wow. People just read his post history.:scared:

oh, and i worked really hard on my PS but i didn't look at anything on my AMCAS after i submitted it. not worth torturing yourself.

oh, and i worked really hard on my PS but i didn't look at anything on my AMCAS after i submitted it. not worth torturing yourself.

Trust me, I wouldn't have looked at my personal statement again until interviews if it wasn't for my TMDSAS application.

Damn Texas :(

i spent a total of three days on mine; one to type it up and two days to edit

I think I spent several months on my PS thinking about every word, sentence and paragraph and how they all fit within what I wanted to say. It was probably the most passionate, greatest thing I've ever written (and I'm a pretty damn strong writer). It got a lot of kudos on the interview trail (except for one ******* at GW, but I don't want to talk about it).

Just saw that you're interested in USUHS--good luck! I interviewed there and I wouldv'e gone had I not gotten into the my #1. It's a really sweet deal being paid 60k a year to go to med school and being apart of the armed forces.

i spent a long time too, my essay is kind of deep, philosophical, and introspective. i don't use a death of a loved one or a personal disease. i'm counting on it to make me stand out.

Wow. Just wow. People just read his post history.:scared:

Seriously, at this point its just in one ear and out the other. No one can be that neurotic, right??:confused: At this point it can't even be trolling or a joke, kinda lost its effect.