So I got into a DO school but I'm taking a summer class.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

allenyoung96

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into a DO school off a waitlist a few days ago and am taking a summer class which is totally irrelevant to medicine. I wanted to take a management class to possibly (?) get an MBA because I didn't think I would get in this cycle as I was on several waitlists.

I have the option of dropping this class and getting a 50% refund by Friday. Is that something I should do? I'd get a 50% refund and a W on my transcript. Is this something the school I'm matriculating to will look down on? I literally got the news the day after enrollments were 'set' for my institution and am not sure what to do.

It's a graduate level MBA course btw.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad