So I'm on my ED rotation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Willamette

Good with a bo-staff
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...and EVERY PATIENT I saw got my finger in their butt 😱 . No kidding. Just thought you guys might like to hear that...<sigh>...and I'm sure the fun won't end during my prelim medicine year...


Willamette
 
cchoukal said:
The first guy I did a real rectal on (not the pre-clinical year old-man-volunteer-workshop) was in the ER, and then I saw the guy at a bar about a week later. It was pretty awkward.

i assume you're a gal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't miss invading other folks' rectums and then spreading their feces on a little card. Not fun for anyone.

When I was an ER Tech we had this one guy who was probably 22 or so (so was I at the time) and he had a bleeding hemorrhoid. Attending asked me to give him some help. The job: I had to spread this gentleman's glutes for about 15 minutes while he had his anus sutured....for a microsecond we somehow made eye contact during the debacle and that, my friends, was a bad scene.
 
VentdependenT said:
I don't miss invading other folks' rectums and then spreading their feces on a little card. Not fun for anyone.

When I was an ER Tech we had this one guy who was probably 22 or so (so was I at the time) and he had a bleeding hemorrhoid. Attending asked me to give him some help. The job: I had to spread this gentleman's glutes for about 15 minutes while he had his anus sutured....for a microsecond we somehow made eye contact during the debacle and that, my friends, was a bad scene.

:laugh:
:barf:

yep, the prestigious profession of medicine...