so let me ask you this about guessing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

if you feel you are guessing at a handful of questions, and it ends up you get a good portion of them right and dont score too horriable. is it safe to assume that what ever tactic you used in your mind to choose that one will repaet itself in the future or were you just luckey...........specifically in the verbal section

im using EK

EK is big on narrowing down and then guessing

my first EK exam lectire exam i scored an 8, the first 2 passeges sucked i guessed on most of them the last one was very interesting ( b/c it was about the history of the part of NY where im from) so i got all right but 1

anyway what u guys think

Members don't see this ad.

I got 8s on all 3 EK lecture exams. I had to refer back to the passages because they would ask specific details. In the first couple passages, like you took, I tried not looking back much and using the their hints. I just ended up guessing right on some. It's funny for their explainations in the back. They only refer to a specific line in the text and say that's where the answer came from. I always thought the answer couldn't be found in the passage. It's not too bad I guess, I still have plently of time left in the verbal to recheck everything. My problem is that I narrow it down to 2 choices and pick the wrong one.

WilliamsF1 said:
I got 8s on all 3 EK lecture exams. I had to refer back to the passages because they would ask specific details. In the first couple passages, like you took, I tried not looking back much and using the their hints. I just ended up guessing right on some. It's funny for their explainations in the back. They only refer to a specific line in the text and say that's where the answer came from. I always thought the answer couldn't be found in the passage. It's not too bad I guess, I still have plently of time left in the verbal to recheck everything. My problem is that I narrow it down to 2 choices and pick the wrong one.

you think its worth going back and seeing wgy you got the answer wrong, i cant see it helping too much......i look at the answer and their explination and im like ....OK