so mad - need to vent

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Floss, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Floss

Floss Member
    7+ Year Member

I have to do a competency in school, class III. oh, and it can't be a board lesion (has to be bigger than that) i have one pt with class III's, had her scheduled for this week, she just calls and says she can't make and doesn't know when she can come in. to to it all off, i did a filling on her last week, now i'm kickining myself for now doing it then!! so mad!!

2. 12YearOldKid

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'll commiserate with you. I just had a class 3 competency about a month or so ago. I had one patient with a bunch of neat little class III lesions that were perfect for boards or competencies. Without thinking one day I brought him, prepped and filled all 4 of those little buggers. I was pretty proud of myself for having such a productive afternoon.

Then about two weeks later I realize the competency is coming up and I have nothing good. So I bring in this lady that I haven't seen for months; I know she has rampant decay so there is bound to be something there. There were plenty of good class III's... if they weren't under about 2 mm of calculus. :mad:

I ended up conning the examiners into letting me remove decay on a peg lateral that was hiding underneath a composite veneer. That thing was a monster!!! Traditionally only about 1/2 of the class passes the competencies so I knew that failure was pretty much guaranteed. But somehow, I passed.

So there is still hope. There is always hope. :laugh:

3. Biogirl361

Biogirl361 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I've heard of students offering to pay for the patient's work out of their own pocket as an incentive for the patient to show up...