• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

So Many Distractions!!!!

scotties123

GrandMacDaddy
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2007
  1. Medical Student
    i just really have to rant right now because im about to hit someone. im in my local library and for watever reason, parents like bringing their loud a$$ annoying a$$ 3 year olds to the quiet study area. screwed up an entire practice test for me. couldnt focus AT ALL. and then, wen they finally leave, another genius comes yelling on his cell phone for a half hour. excuse me now while i go slap someone.:smuggrin:

AggieSean

Coffee is for closers
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Nov 14, 2006
    1. Medical Student
      my favorite is when I'm on a quiet floor, with signs all over that say "SHHH This is a quiet floor" and people start whispering. Whispering! No, not the real kind where NO ONE can hear you, the loud "psss sss ssss" kind where they just might as well be talking. and then they start laughing! or some shlomo belches or farts and it's uber loud.

I feel ya! Thank God for iPods (at least when mine is working)

About the Ads

sehnsucht

10+ Year Member
      Feb 21, 2007
      1. Pre-Medical
        i just really have to rant right now because im about to hit someone. im in my local library and for watever reason, parents like bringing their loud a$$ annoying a$$ 3 year olds to the quiet study area. screwed up an entire practice test for me. couldnt focus AT ALL. and then, wen they finally leave, another genius comes yelling on his cell phone for a half hour. excuse me now while i go slap someone.:smuggrin:

my local library has "quiet" rooms that I study in over the weekend. at night, I study at home. public libraries are a lost cause for me because i might as well study at a grocery store because the noise is just as annoying.

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Sep 5, 2006
        1. Medical Student
          my favorite is when I'm on a quiet floor, with signs all over that say "SHHH This is a quiet floor" and people start whispering. Whispering! No, not the real kind where NO ONE can hear you, the loud "psss sss ssss" kind where they just might as well be talking. and then they start laughing! or some shlomo belches or farts and it's uber loud.

I feel ya! Thank God for iPods (at least when mine is working)

Oh how about when on a quiet study floor and one of the library employees comes in and starts yabbering her jaws on her cell.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.