So Many Distractions!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scotties123

GrandMacDaddy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just really have to rant right now because im about to hit someone. im in my local library and for watever reason, parents like bringing their loud a$$ annoying a$$ 3 year olds to the quiet study area. screwed up an entire practice test for me. couldnt focus AT ALL. and then, wen they finally leave, another genius comes yelling on his cell phone for a half hour. excuse me now while i go slap someone.:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

my favorite is when I'm on a quiet floor, with signs all over that say "SHHH This is a quiet floor" and people start whispering. Whispering! No, not the real kind where NO ONE can hear you, the loud "psss sss ssss" kind where they just might as well be talking. and then they start laughing! or some shlomo belches or farts and it's uber loud.

I feel ya! Thank God for iPods (at least when mine is working)

That sucks! Whenever I would go to the main and science libraries on campus, in the GRADUATE student stacks, where you can here a pin drop, there's always that one or two a$$holes who still talk loud and make so much noise.

i really need to find a different place to study.... now im hearing crying kids from across the entire building. some people just shouldnt be parents

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to be some sort of dispatcher of common sense, but goodness, go buy some earplugs. Problem solved.

i just really have to rant right now because im about to hit someone. im in my local library and for watever reason, parents like bringing their loud a$$ annoying a$$ 3 year olds to the quiet study area. screwed up an entire practice test for me. couldnt focus AT ALL. and then, wen they finally leave, another genius comes yelling on his cell phone for a half hour. excuse me now while i go slap someone.:smuggrin:

my local library has "quiet" rooms that I study in over the weekend. at night, I study at home. public libraries are a lost cause for me because i might as well study at a grocery store because the noise is just as annoying.

my favorite is when I'm on a quiet floor, with signs all over that say "SHHH This is a quiet floor" and people start whispering. Whispering! No, not the real kind where NO ONE can hear you, the loud "psss sss ssss" kind where they just might as well be talking. and then they start laughing! or some shlomo belches or farts and it's uber loud.

I feel ya! Thank God for iPods (at least when mine is working)

Oh how about when on a quiet study floor and one of the library employees comes in and starts yabbering her jaws on her cell.