You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
So they ruined SDN again.
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The site used to crash at least once every 10 days. If this is more stable, I'll take it.WTF is up with this crap software? Fixing what isn't broken...again.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The site used to crash at least once every 10 days. If this is more stable, I'll take it.
Really? They must fix it past because I can only remember one crash since I've been here.
You might not visit at the middle of the night as often as I do.Really? They must fix it past because I can only remember one crash since I've been here.
Every night at 5AM, they did a maintenance thing. I can't even have my full location info anymore. I'm currently from Montgome, apparently. Booo! Everyone boo the admins. Boooooooo!You might not visit at the middle of the night as often as I do.
Every night at 5AM, they did a maintenance thing. I can't even have my full location info anymore. I'm currently from Montgome, apparently. Booo! Everyone boo the admins. Boooooooo!
But they know people like you will always come back! Look at your joined date!
But they know people like you will always come back! Look at your joined date!
LOL You got that right! According to him, he is a very busy pharmacist. Yet....
LOL You got that right! According to him, he is a very busy pharmacist. Yet....
You know that the pay is has little to do with being busy as with rarity of the experience/credential/skill. An anesthesiologist who snooze through an operation is paid 2-3x the amount of an hospitalist who sees 40 patients a day. 😉
Last edited:
I work 3.5 days a week. Can't complain.
I work 3.5 days a week. Can't complain.
If you can't complain, I certainly can't. WOW!
Meaning you work fewer than 3.5 days per week?If you can't complain, I certainly can't. WOW!
Meaning you work fewer than 3.5 days per week?
There is work, and there is honest work. 🙂
Just saying, after residency and DOP of a 60+ bed community hospital, my current job... I can handle it with a hand tied behind my back.
Last edited:
I hate all this white in the new formatting. It looks like the site isn't done loading and is hard on my 20 something year old eyes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least now when viewing threads we can see member names (instead of member numbers) without having to sign in.
That is a small step in the right direction.
Course now my avatar got chopped on all sides- looks lousy.
That is a small step in the right direction.
Course now my avatar got chopped on all sides- looks lousy.
Looks too busy/really ugly, kind of annoying to look at, spending less time on the site. Is this not vBulletin anymore? SDN cheap out or something? Maybe I should have donated, haha.
WTF is up with this crap software? Fixing what isn't broken...again.
Hey, should we be happy there is a "like" feature now?
No. There is no "dislike" option.Hey, should we be happy there is a "like" feature now?
Quoted for truth.No. There is no "dislike" option.
There is work, and there is honest work. 🙂
Just saying, after residency and DOP of a 60+ bed community hospital, my current job... I can handle it with a hand tied behind my back.
Sometimes, I think about being able to do this job at 16
Quoted for truth.
I changed my mind; I'm now neither dislike nor like.
I mean, look at all these cool new smileys!!!!!1111
😱😒
How do you subscribe to a thread now? I can't find the option for that with this new formatting..
How do you subscribe to a thread now? I can't find the option for that with this new formatting..
On top of OP's post, upper right, tiny little font, blue link that reads "Watch Thread"


I like how SDN try to change with new feature 'like'..however, with this many system crash and errors, it's No-Go.
I like how SDN try to change with new feature 'like'..however, with this many system crash and errors, it's No-Go.
Is that why they keep having errors? It's like it works for a day, then it doesn't work for a day, then it works for a day...
Yes, the production database has been giving us some challenges not seen in beta testing. We've got some database pros working on it - we should have things fast and stable again in the next few days. Thanks for your patience.Is that why they keep having errors? It's like it works for a day, then it doesn't work for a day, then it works for a day...
Wow that sucks.. I lost all my old subscribed threads then? And I couldnt' find an option to organize my subscribed threads by folder like how we used to be able to do...On top of OP's post, upper right, tiny little font, blue link that reads "Watch Thread"
👽
![]()
The systems were different enough that it wasn't convertible. If you need to see what you were tracking previously, let me know and I'll send you a link to your old account.Wow that sucks.. I lost all my old subscribed threads then? And I couldnt' find an option to organize my subscribed threads by folder like how we used to be able to do...
The systems were different enough that it wasn't convertible. If you need to see what you were tracking previously, let me know and I'll send you a link to your old account.
If I mail you a $25 gift card to Chipotle, will you put the old software back?
Because this **** gives me emotional hemorrhoids. It wont kill me, but, seriously...it can go to hell. Make it stop existing.
Also, I would be fine with this putrid crap if you added a "dislike" function. The joy I would get out of that would easily override several of the losses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, the production database has been giving us some challenges not seen in beta testing. We've got some database pros working on it - we should have things fast and stable again in the next few days. Thanks for your patience.
So SDN hired the healthcare.gov team?
I am happy to fix things if given specifics. What issues are you having?If I mail you a $25 gift card to Chipotle, will you put the old software back?
Because this **** gives me emotional hemorrhoids. It wont kill me, but, seriously...it can go to hell. Make it stop existing.
Also, I would be fine with this putrid crap if you added a "dislike" function. The joy I would get out of that would easily override several of the losses.
IRT site speed and stability: These issues will be resolved next week when we install a new database server. If you recall (being a 10 year member), it took months to resolve similar load issues in the past. I wish we had staff of experts that can do sophisticated pre-deployment load testing, but SDN staff is nearly all volunteers with just a few part-time support staff. While I did significant testing ahead of conversion, some of the database issues currently being encountered did not show-up until the forums went to a production environment.
IRT returning to vBulletin 3.8 - the SDN forum platform needed to be upgraded because vBulletin 3.8 was way beyond EOL and we needed a platform that was being supported and maintained.
In one of the posts above you mention the backups that run around 5 AM. That's been the case for like 5 years - it's not new. Fortunately, when the new server is put into production, the site probably will not require the 5 AM downtime or it will be significantly shorter.
IRT returning to vBulletin 3.8 - the SDN forum platform needed to be upgraded because vBulletin 3.8 was way beyond EOL and we needed a platform that was being supported and maintained.
In one of the posts above you mention the backups that run around 5 AM. That's been the case for like 5 years - it's not new. Fortunately, when the new server is put into production, the site probably will not require the 5 AM downtime or it will be significantly shorter.
vBulletin 4.20 is smokin fast.......
I tested vB 4 a few years ago - it was OK, but not better than vB 3.8. vB 5 is rotten.
LolvBulletin 4.20 is smokin fast.......
Ah. I see what you did there. 😉 😀vBulletin 4.20 is smokin fast.......
Where do I start. Not enough space in the location field for my full life story anymore. It's ugly and whiter than a Dave Mathews Band concert. I also miss my couch burning gif in my sig.I am happy to fix things if given specifics. What issues are you having?
I miss the old one.
I'm pretty sure the mods dragged Z back to make the forums worth visiting
Also I'm too lazy to research why my SDN app isn't working anymore... someone get on that
Also I'm too lazy to research why my SDN app isn't working anymore... someone get on that
Have you tried the old school style? It's down in the left corner.Where do I start. Not enough space in the location field for my full life story anymore. It's ugly and whiter than a Dave Mathews Band concert. I also miss my couch burning gif in my sig.
I miss the old one.
It did not stop working - I'm using it to post this. Try removing it and download again from the App Store - you might have an old version.I'm pretty sure the mods dragged Z back to make the forums worth visiting
Also I'm too lazy to research why my SDN app isn't working anymore... someone get on that
It still looks like crap. Crap wearing lipstick, I guess.Have you tried the old school style? It's down in the left corner.
Still want the old board back.
And the other stuff that broke.
Well, nuts. Sorry. 🙁
I'll keep working on the forums and hopefully you'll like the final product.
I'll keep working on the forums and hopefully you'll like the final product.
Well, nuts. Sorry. 🙁
I'll keep working on the forums and hopefully you'll like the final product.
Quick observation...the link to the pharmacy forum under the "forum" drop down menu on the home page appears to be broken. It takes you to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/121/ while it appears the new address is http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pharmacy.122/
It's obviously not a huge deal and probably low on the problem list, but I just wanted to let you guys know in case it hadn't been pointed out before.
Edit: actually it looks like that's an issue with the links to all of the forums.
P.S. I think the new forum is grand. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Fixed it! 🙂Quick observation...the link to the pharmacy forum under the "forum" drop down menu on the home page appears to be broken. It takes you to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/121/ while it appears the new address is http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pharmacy.122/
It's obviously not a huge deal and probably low on the problem list, but I just wanted to let you guys know in case it hadn't been pointed out before.
Edit: actually it looks like that's an issue with the links to all of the forums.
P.S. I think the new forum is grand. Keep up the good work!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K