so unmotivated...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anc84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At this point in the semester, I really regret taking this human anatomy course! I am SO not into it and have no motivation to study :scared: - case and point: I have a lab practical in an hour and the lecture exam tomorrow, but I've been on this forum today more than I have when I was waiting on admissions. I only needed one class to graduate so now all I want to do is pass that one :rolleyes:

I hope this class seriously helps me in vet school this fall!

Members don't see this ad.

it will be so helpful to you! think of how much stress you'll be saving yourself.

if it makes you feel better, i'm having a really hard time planning lessons and getting excited about seeing my ninth graders now that i've turned in my official resignation letter... :(

Ugh! I feel your pain, guys! I am currently taking physics 2, immunology and nutrition....and talk about "super-senior-itis"!!!!! I am terribly behind in everything! All I can think about is good ol' Minnesota - here I come!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah! Try having to defend a thesis in three weeks...

I am SO ready to be done for the summer!!

You'll see a lot of these subjects again in vet school, so use that as motivation. I'm busting my rear right now in my Histology class because I know I'll have it again this fall. Ichthyology and learning every teeny weenie reaction in photosynthesis…not working so hard to learn those.

My proudest B was in undergrad histology last semester. That class was so much harder than I expected it to be. But it's so much fun to study because of all the pretty pictures LOL.

I made a 34.5 out of 40 on the final, which is exactly what I needed for a B. Phew. I'm really glad I took it because I'm about to take veterinary histology in May.

I am three weeks into a new quarter and have yet to look at my notes or even buy books (but am very proud of myself for even going to class :laugh:) . I have a midterm this Friday but I still can't get myself to sit down and study. This is senioritis at its worse.

seaturtlegirl, I'm in Physics 2 as well...but at least I have some motivation for that one since it's bye-bye acceptance if I get lower than a C. Technically, I could fail Anatomy and still go to vet school in the fall. I would never allow myself to fail, but at the same time, I don't want to study!

OK I am going to be positive here.... I started out the semester with terrible senioritis but Since I found out I am on 2 alternate lists, I have gotten the motivation I needed to finish out the semester strong... {I knew there had to be something good about 2 alternate lists!}

what about being unmotivated for work?? i have so much to do before i leave for school, but i just can't bring myself to get back into the high gear i was in before the winter's interviews. so much of my work is independent with definite deadlines -- i can't slack, but don't feel like i'm there, either. is anyone else feeling the same way? how are you coping?

what about being unmotivated for work?? i have so much to do before i leave for school, but i just can't bring myself to get back into the high gear i was in before the winter's interviews. so much of my work is independent with definite deadlines -- i can't slack, but don't feel like i'm there, either. is anyone else feeling the same way? how are you coping?

I'm busy training my replacement!

The time is flying by. We're already in mid-April!

I was looking forward to visiting Kansas (to secure a cardboard box to live in soon) in a couple weeks, but now my mind is totally occupied with my 9 yr old cat. We just found a mass in his lung, and then two days later he got a saddle thrombus that we're working through now!

I'm not slacking at work because I have this strong sense of not wanting to leave ANY messes or loose ends when I leave. I never want anyone to say that I didn't get something done that should've been, etc.

But, agreed, it's hard not to be really excited about leaving. Just now, my happiness and excitement is dampened by my cat's health.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Cookie :(

At this point in the semester, I really regret taking this human anatomy course! I am SO not into it and have no motivation to study :scared: - case and point: I have a lab practical in an hour and the lecture exam tomorrow, but I've been on this forum today more than I have when I was waiting on admissions. I only needed one class to graduate so now all I want to do is pass that one :rolleyes:

I hope this class seriously helps me in vet school this fall!

Human anatomy... Oh, you mean that class I only attend on test days anymore? Waking up at 6 to get to class with an incompetent professor when everything I need to know is online is not my cup o' tea. The infuriating part is that I walk out of that class once (twice if lab practical) a month with nothing less than an A+, but when I work my gonadal tissue off for BioChem and Organometallic Chemistry I'm not only earning my first grades below an A in Undergrad, I'm borderline C. My only solace is that 13 out of 20 students in my BioChem class are failing currently. Two people passed the last test \0/

Sometimes I just feel like crawling under my bed and never coming out...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going through the same thing. I have two quizzes to take before tomorrow noon and I still haven't read the chapters! That's in addition to a ten page paper that's due next week, which I have no idea what I'm going to do it on. Who ever said that handing out letters at the end of the semester was a good idea? lol

my mind is totally occupied with my 9 yr old cat. We just found a mass in his lung, and then two days later he got a saddle thrombus that we're working through now!

so sorry, cookie... is he the one on your new avatar?

i have reused my vet school essay for a term paper (got a 97 on it), and two scholarship applications...haha.

I wish I had taken any kind of anatomy class in undergrad, it would have helped me out a lot. I was very glad that I had immunology in undergrad cause I had a much better professor than the one who taught it in vet school, I would have been so lost (along with most of the other students) if I hadn't of had it in undergrad.

Capella, not to discourage you from studying hard, but Histology here is cake!

I have 3 lame classes, Undergraduate seminar, stat-100, and mus-133. undergraduate seminar:barf: is required to graduate, the point of this class is to discourage animal science majors from pursuing a career in veterinary medicine. I got in so I don't care what they have to say.
Stat-100, :sleep: the teacher never has his notes or assignments posted on-time and the class is boring, most of the stuff has been covered in many of my other classes but this class is required by my vet school.
Mus-133, well is just annoying, another requirement to graduate. The teacher is the worst I have ever had and I have had some bad ones.
The only class that I am taking that has been worth while, is also the hardest I have ever had, immunology. I study so hard but still can't seem to get average exam scores. It is not that I am not trying because I am but I just can't seem to do good on the exams. I couldn't imagine taking anatomy, physics 2 and nutrition in one semester, let alone during my last. You have my sympathy.

undergraduate seminar:barf: is required to graduate, the point of this class is to discourage animal science majors from pursuing a career in veterinary medicine.

Wow, what school do you go to? I got this same impression at Illinois from the same required undergraduate seminar course. I, however, took the course my first semester of sophomore year, so it made me do some soul searching- the class seemed to tell me "Do not be a vet- it's a horrible field where you will make no money (not that I was ever in it for the money)" I guess the goal of the class was to show animal science majors what other fields were out there to pursue, but a lot of it ended up sounding like it was bashing the vet med track.

Wow, what school do you go to? I got this same impression at Illinois from the same required undergraduate seminar course. I, however, took the course my first semester of sophomore year, so it made me do some soul searching- the class seemed to tell me "Do not be a vet- it's a horrible field where you will make no money (not that I was ever in it for the money)" I guess the goal of the class was to show animal science majors what other fields were out there to pursue, but a lot of it ended up sounding like it was bashing the vet med track.

I think we are both going to the same school, I am in Champaign going to the U of I.
I would have took this class sooner and it would have been worth while maybe a year ot two ago but I was a transfer student. Since the class is only offered at 12:00 each semester, it interferred with other required classes such as mcb-450, and ansc-215. Now the class seems point-less and I could have probably gotten a waiver but I need to get my last 60 credits from this school to graduate and without this class I would be short one credit. I can't complain to much it class is an easy A and doesn't require much effort.
So anc84, did you apply to other schools?

We have a "Careers in Ag" class required for Animal Science majors. It's essentially a bunch of guest speakers that tell us about where they went with their Ani Sci degrees. Before getting my vet school acceptance I really didn't like going because it seemed like a "if you don't get in you can do XYZ" now that I have an acceptance it seems more like "run, while you can, you can still go do XYZ" .. go figure.

Regardless, I think it's a great class because some people are so focused on one career path that they would have never thought about some of these other options.

Edit - and back to the topic at hand: I'm having a TERRIBLE time trying to get myself to study these last couple weeks of the semester. I have an exam tomorrow - and I just can't sit down and get motivated enough to cram all of it in.

Edit - and back to the topic at hand: I'm having a TERRIBLE time trying to get myself to study these last couple weeks of the semester. I have an exam tomorrow - and I just can't sit down and get motivated enough to cram all of it in.

Is it May yet :p