so what are my options? epiphany part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

supernareg

so tomorrow i'll decide whether i want to cancel mcat, and apply next cycle for 09 entry....

graduating with BS in biology in summer 08.... what can i do during that 1 year to UP my application?

i'm currently an ER tech, was an ambulance driver, before that a lifeguard.

what are my options? SMP? how's that help? should i extend my undergrad for another 2 quarters (half year, graduate spring 09) and take 12 units instead of taking 18 units and graduating in summer 08? or continue taking lots of units, graduate summer 08, take a year doing SMP or something similar for 1 year and apply again for 09 matriculation?

please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

you might want to think about doing some research with your time..

Members don't see this ad :)
check with the reapplicants forum. Many people continue with or get a healthcare job, volunteer, do research, and go post bacc or get a masters. Good Luck.

A possibility.

In the other thread, I htink you said that your low grades were due to lack of motivation. When you apply to MD schools, they average your GPA if you retake a class. If you are interested in DO, I believe they replace the grade with the retake. If you're interested in DO, this would seem to be the absolute quickest way to raise the GPA. Since you've also seen the material before, you'll have more time to put into the MCAT as well.

A possibility.

In the other thread, I htink you said that your low grades were due to lack of motivation. When you apply to MD schools, they average your GPA if you retake a class. If you are interested in DO, I believe they replace the grade with the retake. If you're interested in DO, this would seem to be the absolute quickest way to raise the GPA. Since you've also seen the material before, you'll have more time to put into the MCAT as well.

Yeah, but if you have to re-take a 100 courses, it certainly doesn't bode well. They do see all of your grades. It's often better to simply take a more advanced course if you made a C in a certain subject.

Then again, why did I bother reading this nonsense continuation from the 1st thread?