So what happens after you pass all 3 USMLE steps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CaffeineMutant

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

I'm doing my residency in Canada (certified in IM, currently training in cards) and I'm following the American curriculum so I can keep my options open for fellowships/job opportunities.

I've passed Step 1, 2 CK, and 2 CS and I'm going to do the Step 3 somewhere next year as well as the ABIM in august.

I think that you receive a diploma when you pass the ABIM (can someone verify this?)

Do you get some kind of certificate or diploma after you pass all the 3 steps ??

Thank you guys.