So what happens next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_windwaker

Reaction score
So what happens after pharmacy school? It seems like we are all going to go our own ways. Will I end up married? Will I ever talk to my classmates again or will I even want to?

For the pharmacists out there right now, how small of a world is pharmacy really? Do you still talk to your classmates at all? What about the ones who were a lot quieter?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Job searching after pharmacy school...
You either rise above the masses or Charles Darwin gets the better of you

Reactions: 1 users
So what happens after pharmacy school? It seems like we are all going to go our own ways. Will I end up married? Will I ever talk to my classmates again or will I even want to?

For the pharmacists out there right now, how small of a world is pharmacy really? Do you still talk to your classmates at all? What about the ones who were a lot quieter?
Most people part ways. Focusing on minutiae of the daily grind. Financial planning. Family planning. Vacation planning.

Socializing can be tedious, as everyone has different schedules.

I stay connected with my pharmacy school, volunteer, and precept many students. This helps me not be a hermit (I am naturally introverted).

President is a small world, and I run into a lot of people via 2nd and 3rd degree association. I also recognize many voices when I do transfers.

Reading a text or message from an old classmate every once in a while is always nice.

Enjoy school while you can! It's the one time where you're forced to be around each other. You'll miss it once it's gone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most people part ways. Focusing on minutiae of the daily grind. Financial planning. Family planning. Vacation planning.

Socializing can be tedious, as everyone has different schedules.

I stay connected with my pharmacy school, volunteer, and precept many students. This helps me not be a hermit (I am naturally introverted).

President is a small world, and I run into a lot of people via 2nd and 3rd degree association. I also recognize many voices when I do transfers.

Reading a text or message from an old classmate every once in a while is always nice.

Enjoy school while you can! It's the one time where you're forced to be around each other. You'll miss it once it's gone.
*pharmacy, not president lol

As a recent grad, I only keep in touch with the classmates I want to. We call each other pretty regularly. Most others I’ll see on my newsfeed on Facebook to be honest.

I would focus on expanding your horizons, build net worth. Socialize. And develop your hobby!

Reactions: 1 user
The first year after graduating I kept in touch with classmates but it died after that. Second year and onward, I focus only on my own life. Making money, saving money, paying loans, buying things I can now afford, and thinking about my job and how I can improve my work life.