So what's the etiquette for calling med schools after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spacecadet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if people generally call the med school after interviews to check status. I am desperately wanting to call Baylor to see if they sent me a letter and it got lost in the mail (ok, I'm in fantasyland, I know).

Do people often call the schools, or would I be classified as a nut for bugging them? What do I say, "Just calling to check the status of my application"? Seriously, does anyone do this?

Sorry, I have never applied before and I don't really know any other premeds.

Members don't see this ad.

When did you interview at Baylor? I interviewed on October 19th and 20th, and still no word.

I was told by two medical schools to call and check. In fact, I'm supposed to call University of Kentucky on Friday.....
I'm nervous! AGH! :(

You should absolutely call and check. No one cares more about your situation than you do, so take control of it! Just say, "Hi, I'm so and so and I sent in my application on ___ and have not heard back. Would you check to make sure my file is complete and if any action has been taken." Something like that. Best wishes!