You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
so whats up with the 2015 mcat
Started by OSUkid
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Open browser ---> www.google.com ---> "2015 MCAT"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like the quick and dirty, hows physics more/same/less?The quick and dirty:
4 sections, each scored 118-132.
1. Bio/Biochem
2. Chem/Phys
3. Psych/Soc
4. Crit Analysis/Reasoning
More Biochem, less o-chem than the old one, though people have reported this being variable. Way longer than the old one.
physics aiteI like the quick and dirty, hows physics more/same/less?
a'ight or ya'ight? you feel me fam?physics aite
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/377882/data/mcat2015-content.pdf
Is this all I need, it includes all the topics, should I try to make a study guide off each topic?
Is this all I need, it includes all the topics, should I try to make a study guide off each topic?
oh you poor thing, you have no idea what's coming your wayIs this all I need...should I try to make a study guide off each topic?
Seriously?
Google man google!
Google man google!
Almost....The quick and dirty:
4 sections, each scored 118-132.
1. Bio/Biochem
2. Chem/Phys
3. Psych/Soc
4. Crit Analysis/Reasoning
More Biochem, less o-chem than the old one, though people have reported this being variable. Way longer than the old one.
These sections, in order:
1. General Chemistry, O-Chem, Physics and Biochem
2. CARS
3. Bio, Biochem
4. Psych, Soc (maybe 1-2 bio questions)
The difference is that the sections are much longer and more application of material than the old test. You won't really see straight physics questions, but physics questions in the context of medicine (pressure may be tested through blood pressure, for example). I thought the physics was way easier on the new test than the old.
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/377882/data/mcat2015-content.pdf
Is this all I need, it includes all the topics, should I try to make a study guide off each topic?
This is helpful too
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mcat/wiki/mcat2015exam
For what it's worth...I found it easier than the previous MCAT (probably due to my biochem background). But even the way the questions are posed...they are all asked under the context of medicine..which for me made it much easier to assess, plan, and attack questions. (I got 67 % old MCAT, 91% new MCAT). But it is a much longer test with more content..so don't take my opinion as advice for not preparing thoroughly for MCAT2015.
D
deleted407021
@OSUkid , that owl avatar is super cool, imo.
As to the length of this sommbit, it's about 7.5 hours if you use all the allotted time. It's not really as bad as it sounds once you've worked through a few full-length practice exams. I always had a good bit of time left over in each section, even on the real deal.
As to the length of this sommbit, it's about 7.5 hours if you use all the allotted time. It's not really as bad as it sounds once you've worked through a few full-length practice exams. I always had a good bit of time left over in each section, even on the real deal.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/377882/data/mcat2015-content.pdf
Is this all I need, it includes all the topics, should I try to make a study guide off each topic?
This is exactly how I approached studying for it and I was successful. I kept it organized by section which was really helpful for review of weak areas.
Obvi, the AAMC question packs were tremendously helpful. I used Khan Academy and the MedPortal for supplementing material.
I did this over 4-5 months (while working 70+hours/week) with the last month of intense review and LOTS OF VACATION TIME USED.
Looking back, I would have spent more time practicing the four question types and coming up with a way to apply them within each section.
Best of luck to you!
hahah so casual...so whats up with the new MCAT fam?
For more detailed differences, the Bio/Biochem section is not like the old Biology section in that it asks more content based questions. Instead, this section has a lot of questions based on research journal-style passages. The Chem/Phys section actually somewhat deemphasizes raw physics and instead tends to apply physics to more biology-related concepts (but still know your physics as it makes it much easier).
thats good so no physic type exam questions, but knowing conceptual stuff which relates to human body?Almost....
These sections, in order:
1. General Chemistry, O-Chem, Physics and Biochem
2. CARS
3. Bio, Biochem
4. Psych, Soc (maybe 1-2 bio questions)
The difference is that the sections are much longer and more application of material than the old test. You won't really see straight physics questions, but physics questions in the context of medicine (pressure may be tested through blood pressure, for example). I thought the physics was way easier on the new test than the old.
D
deleted407021
There are definitely general physics questions on the exam. Or maybe not lol! I didn't get any, while others got tons. It depends, but you def. need a foundational understanding of physics if you intend to do well on the C/P section. While most of them will somehow relate to biology, it's not uncommon to see a classic box on a ramp problem.thats good so no physic type exam questions, but knowing conceptual stuff which relates to human body?
You'll need to score at least 510 to be competitive for MD schools.
1) Be good at reading.
2) Understand science.
3) Take some Adderall.
You should be fine. Actually, take 10mg one hour before you start, then 10 more mg at the mid-way point.
2) Understand science.
3) Take some Adderall.
You should be fine. Actually, take 10mg one hour before you start, then 10 more mg at the mid-way point.
Open browser ---> www.google.com ---> "2015 MCAT"
Pfft. That requires way too much work for OP. Just try this. http://lmgtfy.com/?q="2015+MCAT"
OP as a physician: So, what's up with [insert disease/problem here] ?
LOOOOOL What I like about is how it goes so slow lolPfft. That requires way too much work for OP. Just try this. http://lmgtfy.com/?q="2015+MCAT"
Pfft. That requires way too much work for OP. Just try this. http://lmgtfy.com/?q="2015+MCAT"
I laugh out loud every time I see one of these. Thank you.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K