SOAP vs ERAS vs Off Cycle FRIEDA, FAR, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1017841

Looking to reenter residency after resignation for postpartum health issue (now resolved). was not terminated or in termination proceedings but it seems like that makes no difference in how programs perceive you.

Have 3/4 years of categorical funding used up. Where would I have my best chances of getting a spot?

SOAP?
ERAS?
Off cycle like FRIEDA, Find a Resident through AAMC?

Ive been applying but my old program director is not willing to give me a good LOR and has in fact been bad mouthing me to every where I apply to.

How do I address that? Should I write about it in my personal statement.

Any ideas or tips to get back in would be really appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking to reenter residency after resignation for postpartum health issue (now resolved). was not terminated or in termination proceedings but it seems like that makes no difference in how programs perceive you.

Have 3/4 years of categorical funding used up. Where would I have my best chances of getting a spot?

SOAP?
ERAS?
Off cycle like FRIEDA, Find a Resident through AAMC?

Ive been applying but my old program director is not willing to give me a good LOR and has in fact been bad mouthing me to every where I apply to.

How do I address that? Should I write about it in my personal statement.

Any ideas or tips to get back in would be really appreciated.

What specialty were you in before?