[SoCal] CVS? or Savon pharmay?

Started by cozypark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cozypark

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am working at CVS, and it has been already 5 years with 3 weeks vacation, and other benefits too.
But recently, it has been really tough due to understaffing, and all numbers (PCQ calls, MCE, QT,M5, SOS, KPM). feels like it is getting worse and worse every day.

Since we are soooooo understaffed, most of team member had to work overtime. 52~55 hours/week (Rph, and Tech)
Every one has family and getting tired of dealing with overworking, chasing red pages, and getting yelled by customers because we are "super-lazy".

Anyways, I think I am going to apply for Savon Pharmacy.
What I know about is their shift is 9am to 9pm and one pharmacist works for 12 hours.

Does anyone know anything about SavOn pharmacy?
With 12 hours shift, do rph work only 3-4 times a week?
Do Rph have any break ? How long is lunch break?
How's working at SavOn? As crazy as CVS> Understaffed?
I heard about MTM. How do you do? How can you bill the service?

So many questions..
I wanted to make sure it is worth to give up all 5 years benefit (seniority, vacation etc) ..

Can any one help me decide?
 
I'd be careful with Savon right now. I don't know Socal very well, but isn't Savon the same as Albertsons? Safeway and Albertsons just had a merger, and the rumor is that they have several stores red-lined for closure.

Some of my friends liked working at Albertsons, but everyone I know working at Safeway say that it is a pretty awful experience. Safeway is in the same bracket as CVS/Walgreens according to the retail pharmacists I know.
 
I'd be careful with Savon right now. I don't know Socal very well, but isn't Savon the same as Albertsons? Safeway and Albertsons just had a merger, and the rumor is that they have several stores red-lined for closure.

Some of my friends liked working at Albertsons, but everyone I know working at Safeway say that it is a pretty awful experience. Safeway is in the same bracket as CVS/Walgreens according to the retail pharmacists I know.

I would steer clear of any Safeway/Savon(Albertsons) stores in CA for now. There is definitely going to be many closings in that area when the merger is complete.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad