Soccer WW - Match thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggyandjazzy

the smallest feline is a masterpiece
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soccer WW: brought to you by me and @Dinashadow with help from @Karabiner13 and @kaydubs

Roster:
1. @WonderingStudent
2. @BigCats
3. @Wolfie<3
4. @Sunbodi
5. @killerleaf
6. @genny
7. @mizchiefmanaged
8. @Navilly
9. @mypetmoose
10. @Melchizedek
12. @muttmanager
13. @Barkley13
14. @alissa14
15. @Ms Procrastinator
18. @CoffeeQuestionMark
19. @SARdoghandler
20. @cubsrule4e
21. @Lupin21

Subs:
1. @Lawper
2. @WildZoo

Rules:
1. Try to edit posts only for grammatical errors or typos. No editing Lynch votes.
2. Day will close either at 6 or 7 PM PST. Night will close by default at 6 AM PST. We would like to do early night closes if possible. In order to do so, night actions need to be in by 9:30 PST.
3. Dead and spectators must post in **** stars **** and are not allowed to strategize or like posts related to game play or strategy. Excess posting is frowned upon.
4. Please do not discuss game strategy outside of this thread or sanctioned PMs.
5. There are no PMs in this game unless you are specifically told otherwise.
6. No copying or screenshots or direct quotes or fake direct quotes from ANY PMs. These include PMs with mods and with other players. Paraphrase please.
7. There is no minimum post requirement but low post count combined with failing to place a vote +/- do your night action may result in a sub or mod-kill
8. please refrain from discussing subs on thread

Please contact me if you have not received a role!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
It is now D1.

Please elect your captain.
Voting for captain will end at 7 PM PST.

Members don't see this ad :)
So ready!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Looks like you’ll have to wait til tomorrow to lynch me @Wolfie<3 ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
elect coffee?

I will lead everyone to bliss and paradise
also have never been elected before
and I may be one of the few here that played soccer competitively

• Wow
It is now D1.

Please elect your captain.
Voting for captain will end at 7 PM PST.
Is this extended into tomorrow at 7 PM PST? I’m in EST where it’s 11:17 right now...

Elect WonderingStudent
I’ve played soccer for 6 years, was on the varsity team in high school. I will do my team proud. :)

Elect alissa14

- while I don’t know much about soccer, I feel I can lead Team Village to victory!
- I contributed largely to the noob game and even though wolves won, I was one of the last surviving villagers
- I may not have a lot of online WW experience and am considered a noob, however I have years of experience in similar games such as mafia and Secret Hitler

edit: the only thing I know about soccer is picking flowers in the field and waiting for snack time (see my post in signups if you’re confused lol)

I may be one of the few here that played soccer competitively
Some of us aren't allowed to run :p

or you know......just don't want to.

Elect Mel

because I oppose people like coffee who are trying to shame those of us who choose to or are not able to have active lifestyles.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
elect me, killerleaf. because I have survived four grandchildren playing soccor at the tender age of 3 and 4. and 5. and 6.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
elect Wondering

I know she’s got a good head on her shoulders from the noob game and I think she’ll do a good job :) (plus I still feel bad for trying to kill her three times lol)

• Wow
  • Haha
Day 1 Captain Vote

coffee? (1) - Coffee
miz (1) - miz
MsP (1) - Cubs
Alissa (1) - Alissa
Mel (1) - Mel
Killerleaf (1) - Killerleaf
Wondering (2) – Wondering, Cats

8/18 votes
Deadline: 7pm PST/10 pm EST (10.5 hours)

giphy.gif

• Love
I'm interested in being captain. I've never even thrown my name in the hat before, but let's give it a go! I have been playing WW for just over a year now, and I think it would be fun to be captain!

To sweeten this deal for ya, I'll have you know that like killerleaf's grandkids, I played soccer as a kiddo. I also briefly was an intramural referee. And in a brilliant display of resilience and dedication I quit my coach pitch team to play soccer instead (it definitely wasn't because I was playing catch with my dad and got hit directly in the face with a softball so hard it left scabs on my face in the shape of the stitches, no no. It was definitely because I wanted to. No other reason at all)

As an added bonus, if you join my team you get a virtual minivan and virtual post-game snacks.

####elect mpm####

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

I just want to be clear: I am trying to get elected captain for mechanics reasons. I would love it if someone else had the title, but my role specifically mentions additional benefits to being elected captain. If village wants to ignore that, then by all means, elect a captain with less mojo. I’m not going to make fake promises about post-game snacks; I’m talking actual benefits from my role if elected.

• Hmm
I just want to be clear: I am trying to get elected captain for mechanics reasons. I would love it if someone else had the title, but my role specifically mentions additional benefits to being elected captain. If village wants to ignore that, then by all means, elect a captain with less mojo. I’m not going to make fake promises about post-game snacks; I’m talking actual benefits from my role if elected.
Hmm benefits for village or benefits for you? Seems kinda wolfy :p

Idk... just kinda sketchy to me to push herself solely on mechanics. I will give her the benefit of the doubt but if she wins I’ll be sure to keep a close eye on her.

Unelect Alissa elect genny

Something I just wanna make clear real fast is that you don't have to vote someone just because someone else did/there's a bandwagon, etc.

Mayor vote/D1 can be a lot of silliness, but it still is a good idea to vote with some type of strategy/for someone you think is easy to read.

@alissa14 do you believe genny has reasons? If not, what made you change your vote?

What kind of snacks? :unsure:
I take requests! But I'm the cool soccer mom/captain candidate, so cookies or cheezits or Gatorade are all good snacks and will be provided regardless of a win or loss, but if we win then maybe the team will go get pizza or ice cream after the game

Something I just wanna make clear real fast is that you don't have to vote someone just because someone else did/there's a bandwagon, etc.

Mayor vote/D1 can be a lot of silliness, but it still is a good idea to vote with some type of strategy/for someone you think is easy to read.

@alissa14 do you believe genny has reasons? If not, what made you change your vote?

@genny claims that we should vote her based on mechanics. I’m okay with following through on that for now for the purpose of game mechanics. However I’m curious how her being captain would benefit village. I know role revealing is taboo this early in the game and that’s not what I’m asking for. I guess her sharing a detail or two would help ease my mind.

@genny claims that we should vote her based on mechanics. I’m okay with following through on that for now for the purpose of game mechanics. However I’m curious how her being captain would benefit village. I know role revealing is taboo this early in the game and that’s not what I’m asking for. I guess her sharing a detail or two would help ease my mind.
If it is true, I don’t really want the wolves killing off our mayor so early if she reveals it’s something good

I don't know how much influence KD and KB have had on game design but I have a really hard time believing there's any one role that was "meant" to be elected captain, or one role that would be extra advantageous to be captain. It doesn't make sense balance-wise because it automatically skews the game one way or another. I think you're misinterpreting your role.

• Hmm
However I’m curious how her being captain would benefit village.
I think I’ve said as much as I can thus far. You can either believe me or not.

But as someone who was recently elected mayor as a wolf, why the heck would I do that to myself again? That’s just begging for an early death.

• Haha
I don't know how much influence KD and KB have had on game design but I have a really hard time believing there's any one role that was "meant" to be elected captain, or one role that would be extra advantageous to be captain. It doesn't make sense balance-wise because it automatically skews the game one way or another. I think you're misinterpreting your role.
I actually think I remember reading a spreadsheet where there was a role that got extra benefits if elected mayor- I’m doing another spreadsheet hunt to see if I can find it but my initial search went through 2016 so it might take me a while lol. Not a vouch or statement of belief or anything, but I’m not going to discard it out of hand.

Some of us aren't allowed to run :p

or you know......just don't want to.

Elect Mel

because I oppose people like coffee who are trying to shame those of us who choose to or are not able to have active lifestyles.
I'm not shaming
I'm just saying I have knowledge of the game
I didn't play right defense and get a yellow card for nothing. Also, coins love me.

I definitely would make a great captain

I actually think I remember reading a spreadsheet where there was a role that got extra benefits if elected mayor- I’m doing another spreadsheet hunt to see if I can find it but my initial search went through 2016 so it might take me a while lol. Not a vouch or statement of belief or anything, but I’m not going to discard it out of hand.
There was additionally a chaos role that used being elected mayor toward win condition

Elect coffee? For safety

• Wow