Soccer WW - Match thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will copy and paste what I responded to someone in dead chat.

I consulted with 2 perma mods on this, and very extensively with kara. she advised I nerf a wolf role, which was originally much more OP.

wolves had numbers on their side. this game was supposed to run with 20, with some tweaks. but like I said in wolf chat, the bomb was removed after having 18 people play the game

the only real "mechanical clears" today were lawper and Wolfie, wondering and alissa (who still had votes?) so I disagree with the statement that MsP was on people's list due to mechanics. I think she was on a lot of people's lists is because so many villagers voted for wolf after wolf, and no one could fathom them being an OG wolf with that record. that's not a mechanical clear

miz had a wolf catching mechanism, with wolves having a counter with mutts. besides that, nav or Alissa could potentially catch wolves, but only EON, and again, they didnt catch a wolf based on mechanics. and you had the counter of being able to take their results. if cubs had been left alive, he also likely would've killed a couple villagers. just a few of my thoughts here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I want to personally congratulate village this game. I have never seen a village this so spot on with their reads and it was honestly a bit stunning to experience as a mod. I want to thank the wolves, MsP in particular, for being good sports. Thank you everyone for signing up, I am happy I got to mod you all :biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also shoutout to @Melchizedek, you had some amazing play behind the scenes and it was cool to see some of your thought processes. Your PM with genny both helped protect you, and expand your circle of trust.

Thank you so much to the most amazing co-mod ever @Dinashadow !! Couldn't have done it without you.

And I also want to thank @Karabiner13 and @kaydubs for some great insight before the game, and some much needed grounding during my mid-game freak out

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Great game mods!! I had a lot of fun as the fashionable-yet-useless shinguards :biglove:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
@Navilly this is absolutely hilarious because I did SO MUCH digging in the spreadsheets and finally settled on you being some sort of ability absorber/thief/yadayada that was able to absorb Miz’s ability, so I was copy pasting every single example of it I could find into my role pm. Definitely didn’t even think about redirector though I’m sure at least one of the ~20 spreadsheets I looked through had it :smack:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
@Navilly this is absolutely hilarious because I did SO MUCH digging in the spreadsheets and finally settled on you being some sort of ability absorber/thief/yadayada that was able to absorb Miz’s ability, so I was copy pasting every single example of it I could find into my role pm. Definitely didn’t even think about redirector though I’m sure at least one of the ~20 spreadsheets I looked through had it :smack:
I think he was exaggerating a bit at the frequency of a redirector because it certainly isn't in "just about every game" like he said it was I had him down as a tracker before it was revealed.

I think he was exaggerating a bit at the frequency of a redirector because it certainly isn't in "just about every game" like he said it was I had him down as a tracker before it was revealed.

I said every other game!

(And retreading now I appreciate how that could be misinterpreted. I meant 1 in every 2 games)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
coop... you knew most of the roles in this game lol
I should've put you in if you forgot them all :rofl:

wdym wolves had numbers on their side?
this site's meta is to have 4 wolves in a 20 person game (approximately). you don't seem to understand this, considering how you thought the noob game would have like 7 wolves. this game was 18 people. I just finished a game with 4 wolves and 23 people (iirc).

if you're here to criticize me, again, go bugger off. I really dont care. especially since you didnt play, sub, tot, etc. I take criticism and frustration from players and hope to make games better in the future for the people who committed to the game, played, showed up, and gave it their all. that, I understand and can sympathize with.
But honestly this just feels like bench warmers yelling at their coaches :rofl:

CALMING DOWN NOW

Anyways this isn't a criticism, this is about semantics
I'd say 4 is an expected number for a 18p setup, not an advantageous amount

So I was confused about your word choice

THAT IS ALL

Members don't see this ad :)
Also shoutout to @Melchizedek, you had some amazing play behind the scenes and it was cool to see some of your thought processes. Your PM with genny both helped protect you, and expand your circle of trust.
lol yes, that was the only thing redeeming about my play this game, since most of my reads were off due to not actually following along.

Don't WW while violently ill folks.

Floating ideas:

The combination of seer, tracker/watcher, protector, and resurrector creates a difficult environment for most wolves. The tracker/watcher getting brought back with full unrestricted powers works as confirming a non-original while undoing the kill. I think vanillizing would be less of a hit to wolves regarding village PRs. Wolves only had counters to specific roles (tracker/watcher and seer, specifically). The others were vanilla. Between the 4 roles aforementioned, villagers were able to clear additional people and the counters lose sine usefulness at that point. Specifically, the protector having its trigger be a method of confirming the target was attacked. Also since the counters are designed to deal with specific roles, losing those counters means the game swings hard in the opposite direction. I also think some roles could be reduced or left in their additional state such as the lovers dying upon any attack instead of being 1x deathproof.

We can agree to disagree. Just sharing another perspective.

Floating ideas:

The combination of seer, tracker/watcher, protector, and resurrector creates a difficult environment for most wolves. The tracker/watcher getting brought back with full unrestricted powers works as confirming a non-original while undoing the kill. I think vanillizing would be less of a hit to wolves regarding village PRs. Wolves only had counters to specific roles (tracker/watcher and seer, specifically). The others were vanilla. Between the 4 roles aforementioned, villagers were able to clear additional people and the counters lose sine usefulness at that point. Specifically, the protector having its trigger be a method of confirming the target was attacked. Also since the counters are designed to deal with specific roles, losing those counters means the game swings hard in the opposite direction. I also think some roles could be reduced or left in their additional state such as the lovers dying upon any attack instead of being 1x deathproof.

We can agree to disagree. Just sharing another perspective.
The tracker/watcher wasn’t brought back with full powers. Youre making it clear you aren’t reading what I’m posting lol so your critiques are kinda moot
And mix and coffee were also killed n1 and n2 so again, lol

Had a good time being orange slices. For me, it was mostly that the villagers read villager pretty easy to me leaving the wolves who were just a little off. Honestly, if Suni hadn't gone for Barks D1, she was not one on my radar, and MsP only got left for me after my village core was built and the reveals seeming to be true enough.

Cheers to all, and thanks for the game, Mods!!

5e244d24376e4373106198.gif

Wow, well thanks for carrying me to victory fellow villagers. Love you all :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thank you to @ziggyandjazzy and @Dinashadow for a fantastic game! I had lots of fun and I learned more about soccer! Too bad the after game snack of choice is orange slices instead of COLDWATER SHRIMP! :rofl:

(I don’t think I’ll ever let it go. In fact it should be added to the WW dictionary)

• Haha
  • Love
Did everyone think I was a werewolf because I didn’t post much, didn’t give good reads, etc? I want to improve on being a villager

Did everyone think I was a werewolf because I didn’t post much, didn’t give good reads, etc? I want to improve on being a villager
You were pretty quiet, but I didn’t see that as particularly abnormal for you since in the noob game you were also pretty quiet up until endgame, when you really pulled a power villager. I didn’t read you as wolfy this game but I’m also bad about reading people when they don’t post a lot so I just kinda let the quiet people do their thing unless other people have other ideas lol

Tbh I didn't have you as a werewolf after the mutts vote (except in my killer/you tinfoils) if killer wasn't a wolf, you were cleared in my mind.

Acting village vs acting wolfy is hard to figure out with quiet players, especially if you haven't been playing with them for a long time. I know from experience that a lot of times when people can't read you you just get lynched. That goes away with time, at least somewhat!

The problem with just ignoring quiet people is that quiet wolves exist too. Quiet doesn't = wolf, but quiet doesn't help village, especially in endgame. Also, wolves tend not to eliminate quiet villagers unless they have reason to think they have PRs because keeping them around for endgame is usually a good thing from the wolves' point of view. Sometimes it comes down to process of elimination, and quiet people can be likely to be on that list.

If you are asking how to not be quiet, I'm not really sure I know how to answer that since it seems to work well for some people and that is just the way they are, but if you want to contribute more, then just writing things down as you read the thread. Noting who vouched for who, and if one of those people ends up flipping wolf. When people post those lists of who voted who the day before, think about if its weird that person X and person Y voted together 3 out of the 5 days and why. I also love the search function when I am trying to read posts from one person in particular (iso-ing) since it helps me get a picture of a person's play without rereading the entire thread.

P.s. take this with a grain of salt bc I don't consider myself to be an expert by any means, and everyone finds their own playstyle that works best for them and their schedule!

You did well though and we are happy to have you! I hope you will come play with us again soon! I think sign-ups for one should open in the next few days if you are interested!

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

• Love
Yes. I read that as wolfy but that's just how I play. I expect villagers to help village.

Keep in mind my play style doesn't always work :rofl:

• Haha
Yes. I read that as wolfy but that's just how I play. I expect villagers to help village.

Keep in mind my play style doesn't always work :rofl:
I really hope you play another game and I get to see Sunbodi as a wolf :rofl:

• Haha
  • Love
I want to personally congratulate village this game. I have never seen a village this so spot on with their reads and it was honestly a bit stunning to experience as a mod. I want to thank the wolves, MsP in particular, for being good sports. Thank you everyone for signing up, I am happy I got to mod you all :biglove:
Hope that sticks with you ;)