Social Lives in D-School

Started by The Wop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

T

The Wop

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I must ask... what is social life like in D-school? Is it like all the socially-inept science nerds from your college re-united? Do people go out and party? Can you afford to have a good social life? Do the dudes go for undergrad ladies (haha)? Someone posted on SDN that dent school IS high school. If two people hook-up/date/whatever is it the talk of the school? Does social life matter hugely on where you go to dent school?

Personally I'm a pretty social guy. I like hanging with my friends and having a good time. I study hard too and procrastinate more than I should.


Give me your experiences!!!
 
The Wop said:
I must ask... what is social life like in D-school? Is it like all the socially-inept science nerds from your college re-united? Do people go out and party? Can you afford to have a good social life? Do the dudes go for undergrad ladies (haha)? Someone posted on SDN that dent school IS high school. If two people hook-up/date/whatever is it the talk of the school? Does social life matter hugely on where you go to dent school?

Personally I'm a pretty social guy. I like hanging with my friends and having a good time. I study hard too and procrastinate more than I should.


Give me your experiences!!!


You'll find what ever you are looking for. Dental classes are pretty big and if you can't find your kind of people at the dental school look at the other professional schools that are usually near by.
 
Dude, I study harder but I also party harder! FAC is the light at the end of every long week!! And no, they are not usually socially-inept nerds, as med/dent schools do their best to accept just the opposite! How can a doctor or dentist care and treat patients if they are socially-inept or even scared of social situations? You can have a genius that can easily go through school but not be able to communicate effectively with their patients. Think about it! That's a major reason for interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NVM3 said:
Dude, I study harder but I also party harder! FAC is the light at the end of every long week!! And no, they are not usually socially-inept nerds, as med/dent schools do their best to accept just the opposite! How can a doctor or dentist care and treat patients if they are socially-inept or even scared of social situations? You can have a genius that can easily go through school but not be able to communicate effectively with their patients. Think about it! That's a major reason for interviews.

Good point.
 
plus, dental students need to find ways to relieve themselves from stress. I mean come on, you're not gonna be studying ALL THE TIME.
 
INFNITE said:
plus, dental students need to find ways to relieve themselves from stress. I mean come on, you're not gonna be studying ALL THE TIME.

Hell NO we dont study all the itme. This post proves it cuz im dunk.
 
INFNITE said:
plus, dental students need to find ways to relieve themselves from stress. I mean come on, you're not gonna be studying ALL THE TIME.


check here with us once schools has started.
good luck