Social Psychology PhD Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessa1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many people this will apply to, but I applied to both Clinical and Social Psychology programs. There really aren't any threads for Social Psych PhD programs so I figured I would start one.

Post or message me if you've heard from any Social Psych PhD programs (invite, rejection, acceptance, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 3 social programs as back-ups to my clinical programs. I haven't heard back from any. Are social psych PhD programs usually much later than Clinical?

I applied to 3 social programs as back-ups to my clinical programs. I haven't heard back from any. Are social psych PhD programs usually much later than Clinical?

Just checking here... you do realize that social and clinical are vastly different, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all-

I applied to social programs (only, not clinical) but I came across this forum. I applied to a few programs and have gotten an interview at UNLV. I haven't heard from anywhere else & it seems like its been an awful long time =/

Research interest-wise, they aren't necessarily all that different.

Depending on what and where you're studying, they are more often than not (Health Psych being a clear crossover area). When it comes to what your program requirements are, they are quite different. And when it comes to what you can do after earning your degree, one can lead to practitioner applications, and one can't.

I applied to 3 social programs and 2 developmental.

Received an interview and acceptance from UA-tuscaloosa social program:love:

Depending on what and where you're studying, they are more often than not (Health Psych being a clear crossover area). When it comes to what your program requirements are, they are quite different. And when it comes to what you can do after earning your degree, one can lead to practitioner applications, and one can't.

Totally agreed. Just saying that from a research-heavy perspective, they can be combined quite well.

Totally agreed. Just saying that from a research-heavy perspective, they can be combined quite well.
I agree with you, that's why I applied to both. I would prefer Clinical programs because of the career options, but my research interests are really a combination of both. I'm very interested in interracial relationships-which you can look at from both perspectives.

I'm pretty sure they usually don't invite, but it just means we have to wait longer to find out-which stinks.