Society meetings during preclinical years?

Started by Maxprime
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maxprime

Higgs chaser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any of you attend (or present at) your society's annual meeting during the preclinical years? I'm starting M1 this fall, but would like to have a poster at the Society for Neuroscience this fall (11/15-11/19). The abstract deadline is approaching . . .
 
I'll be starting M1 this year as well and I'm getting my data together for an abstract at SfN. I'm planning to present my data, but the grad student I'm working with is going to present it if I'm not able to make the conference.
 
Yes, I attended a conference during the preclinical years. Most profs are understanding about missing small groups or lectures to present at a conference. However, you might not know for sure if you can go until you get your schedule for the year.