Solo Private Practice in Pathology-is it possible?

Started by Leukocyte
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Leukocyte

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can a pathologist open his/her own private practice. Freedom to open my own practice/business, and be my own boss, is very important to me. Is this possible in pathology? Please note that I am refering to solo private practice.

Thank you.
 
Leukocyte said:
Can a pathologist open his/her own private practice. Freedom to open my own practice/business, and be my own boss, is very important to me. Is this possible in pathology? Please note that I am refering to solo private practice.

Thank you.

Yes it is possible. No, I would not recommend it as your first job out of training.