Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wanted to sneak in this post before you senior med students coast into the post match haze. I am a third year from a big midwest med-school who just very recently realized that i wanted to do Anesthesia.
My questions are regarding what to do fourth year and a good number of schools to try to interview with.
My grades have always been pretty good, and my Step I is 240's. I have absolutely NO research experience though.
Advice on how to get a few recommendation letters would be helpul too.
I have enjoyed reading your posts so far and would appreciate advice to all of us rising senior med students.
My questions are regarding what to do fourth year and a good number of schools to try to interview with.
My grades have always been pretty good, and my Step I is 240's. I have absolutely NO research experience though.
Advice on how to get a few recommendation letters would be helpul too.
I have enjoyed reading your posts so far and would appreciate advice to all of us rising senior med students.
Someone in the EM forum crunched the numbers. 240 is superstar for Anesthesia. You will get interviews wherever you want. Get some good letters. Do an ICU month too ( dont want to slack too much) but otherwise enjoy fourth year. Research prolly wont make too much of a difference but wont hurt.