Some Advice Please...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by the moose, Jun 3, 2002.

1. the moose

the moose Member

I just got my O-chem grade back today from berkeley and it wasnt that great..it was a c+...my overall GPA now is probably under 3.0, im not sure...im not sure if i can get into DO school straight out of undergrad...what can u guys suggest to help me improve my chances...im going to be a senior by the way...thanks guys

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Member

Do really well on the MCAT!

4. JonDO

JonDO Member

Attending Physician
    I agree with Jersey Girl, that in order to be competitive you have to have good GPA and MCAT scores. If not, you better have good reasons why the schools should accept you, and good reasons as to how you can keep up in medschool as well.

One of the great aspects of Osteopathic Medschool is that they look at the whole person, i.e. experiences, community service, volunteering, genuine interest in medicine and healthcare and other extra-curriculars aside from your GPA and MCAT grades. If you hold it down with your extra-curricular stuff, and maintain good grades, you have a good shot. :D

5. Stillfocused

Stillfocused Senior Member

C+ = Summer Organic

AACOMAS will count only the most recent grade in calculating your gpa.

Taking it again will solidify any weaknesses and help with your MCAT.