1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

some help for an idiot?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by circle of willis, Jun 9, 2002.

1. circle of willis

circle of willis New Member

i have 4 weeks until i take step 1. i REALLY need to do well on this b/c i want to enter a competitive specialty (optho) & my preclinical grades are pretty poor. my problem is that i can't seem to force myself to study. i waste hours every day on the internet. i know this sounds pathetic, but i am so burnt out from 2nd year. the simple solution is to study in a place that doesn't have the internet but i'm using kaplan q-bank so that's not possible.
    so, i guess my question is this: are there any cd-roms out there that are like qbank or similar? that way i could study in a remote place and still have questions on my laptop similar to the actual test. i don't mind losing the $ from qbank since my future may depend on this test. thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sanfilippo

sanfilippo El Gaucho Misterioso
    10+ Year Member

circle,
    have you gotten a copy of the USMLE sample questions on CD-ROM from the NBME? our school gave 'em out. they're also available from the nbme/usmle website for download...you don't need an internet connection, so no distraction!

hang in there! i take mine saturday...let the battle begin!
    -s.

4. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Membership Revoked
    Removed

You should purchase the board simulator series and do practice questions out of there for a while. You can go back to using q bank when it comes closer to exam time and you are feeling more of the pressure of taking the exam.