Some Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an issue that I have been debating and would like some advice. my overall GPA stands at a 3.31, 3.27 science. Since AACOMAS will replace grades that are re-taken, I was going to repeat my C's I recieved in Bio 1 and 2. Getting an A in both of these would shoot my GPA up to an overall 3.44 and science 3.37. Is this a good idea or am I just wasting time and money (and possibly raising red flags on my app). Thank you for any imput you may have! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think retaking those classes might be a waste of time because you are not substantially raising your GPA. Im not sure how far you have to go to complete your degree, but I would focus on kicking butt in those classes. If you can't do that, you need to focus on doing really well on the MCAT. A good MCAT score can help a low GPA. If you work hard, a few C's won't keep you out of med school. Good luck. :D

Homer J

Just wanted to let you know that I agree with HomerJ.... I say it might be a waste of time for you to retake those courses... Just do well in your MCAT's, show enthusiasm for osteopathic medicine, concentrate on your personal statements and secondaries.... then you should be able to get a foot in the door.

Good luck to you... :cool:

Do you have a good reason for getting those C's? If you get an interview, that is the question they will ask. If you have a good response, they won't sweat the C's too much. If you haven't already finished school, I would concentrate on getting all A's for the rest of your courses. This can be more impressive to a committee than a couple of early poor scores. If they see an upward trend in your grades they should be pretty understanding.

I just noticed that there are way too many if's in my response.