Some INFO from AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Focus

crazy!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just received this..thought it might be helpful.

Dear Applicant,

Our records indicate that in your AMCAS application to the 2003
entering class you designated one or more of the following medical
schools:

*University of California, San Francisco
*Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
*Loyola University of Chicago
*University of Missouri-Columbia
*Medical University of South Carolina
*Tufts University
*MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine

These schools have opted to receive only paper applications (shipped by AMCAS) and application files made available electronically (via FTP), but not to receive applications electronically via the AAMC Data Transmission Utility (DTU).

***As a result, no "transmission date" on either your dynamic welcome page or your printed application will be listed for these schools. Do not be concerned; once your application completes processing, your application will be made available to these schools.

To check the status of your application, consult your application's
dynamic Welcome page, write to AMCAS at [email protected], or call us at (202) 828-0600.

Best wishes throughout the 2003 medical school admissions process.

Sincerely,

AMCAS

Members don't see this ad.

Weird...that explains a lot though. Thanks for the info. :)

just got the same e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, so then all my schools have transmitted except usc.
wonder why i didn't get the e-mail...

what do they mean by "electronic files available via FTP"

FTP implies attachment via email, does this mean AMCAS will email them or do WE have to email them?

Any ideas?
And I haven't received this email, and yet I've applied to 4 of those schools.

just got the e-mail too. please, paper applications are SOOOO 1997. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
what do they mean by "electronic files available via FTP"

FTP implies attachment via email, does this mean AMCAS will email them or do WE have to email them?

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and is the way files are transferred over a network. It has nothing to do with email. The answer to your second question is on the AMCAS homepage where they describe the different things schools can opt to receive - AMCAS will put the files on an FTP site and the schools themselves will log in and pick them up. As the schools pick them up rather than AMCAS sending them this is presumably the reason they do not automatically post a transmission date for this method. You do not need to do anything.

Originally posted by SilverAngel1110
just got the e-mail too. please, paper applications are SOOOO 1997. :rolleyes:

seriously. and isn't it MCP/Drexel that raves on and on about it being one the most "wired" medical schools? Get with the program people

Originally posted by lola
ok, so then all my schools have transmitted except usc.
wonder why i didn't get the e-mail...

if you have hotmail, check your junk mail box - that's were it went for me.

:)

Originally posted by the boy wonder

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and is the way files are transferred over a network. It has nothing to do with email. The answer to your second question is on the AMCAS homepage where they describe the different things schools can opt to receive - AMCAS will put the files on an FTP site and the schools themselves will log in and pick them up. As the schools pick them up rather than AMCAS sending them this is presumably the reason they do not automatically post a transmission date for this method. You do not need to do anything.

thanks for the quick reply, boy wonder. :D

...i still don't understand what's up with rochester, though! no transmission date and they're not requesting paper apps....:confused: