Some questions about timelines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M3dhop3ful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all
Just a few questions:

1) Based on previous threads, I can expect to be verified by around first few days of august if I submit the primary mid july, but how long till I receive secondaries after that (note: i know some schools will send you the secondaries right away even before primaries are verified, which schools are these? Can I find this info around?

2) How long does it take for interfolio to electronically send your LORs to the schools? is it a few days?

3) How many days does it take for you to be ready for review after everything has been received?

Final question: around what is the latest you can submit amcas/be completely ready to be in the first wave of applicants considered for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

1) In my experience secondaries arrived anywhere from 1 day to a 1 month after primaries were submitted. However, you can find the secondary essay questions floating around on SDN.

3) Youll be reviewed as soon as the admissions committee at the school meets.

4) Not sure, but I wouldn't risk it.

2) Interfolio electronically submits your LORs, so whenever you release them to schools, they should be instantly available to the schools and they will receive notification that you've released LORs to them. At least that's how I understand that it works.

Thanks for replying guys. I was just wondering to see if those who submit AMCAS in mid july (nb July 14-15) would be in the first wave of applicants reviewed, granted their secondary turnout is 1 day (working asap on it). what about the schools that let you officially submit your secondary even before your secondary is in? Is there a list compiled around? would I find them on the website?