Some Questions for those who have already interviewed at AECOM...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredoc1364

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My interview is next Friday, and I just had some questions regarding their interview day.

Did you sit in on a first or second year class? Did you use the opportunity to talk to one faculty whose research interested you? Do you think if I emailed them over this weekend regarding this research interest, they will get back to me on time (because they say to contact them a week in advance)?

By the way, they told me in their email to call by 3:00 pm the day before to make sure that the interview is still taking place. Has any one ever had their interview postponed?

My interview is early in the morning. When do you think am I free to leave campus for the day? I am trying to schedule my trip.

Thank you in advence. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I guess no one is going to reply in this thread!!! :(

I didn't talk to a researcher whose subject category interested me but did sit in on a couple of classes. They seemed pretty laid back and at least the students in the back row looked like they were having a great time doing whatever they were doing. The lecturer had a few of those obnoxious, but funny, slides so he seemed like he was having a good time.

I don't remember calling to confirm the interview, I think I emailed though.

As far as ending time, after lunch we did a brief little tour but I want to say by like early afternoon. You could get out after lunch though (midday), or even before for that matter.

I don't think that your interview would be postponed. I think they just want to get interviewees to remember that they have an Einstein interview coming up.

I sat in on a 2nd year class. The lecturer was pretty good and had an active (though not particularly good) sense of humor. The students ranged from sociable to sitting alone and from fervently taking notes to fast asleep.

The lunch and tour ended a little before 2PM for my group.