1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Some questions to those taking the Kaplan course-additional books?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ocwaveoc, May 15, 2007.

1. ocwaveoc

ocwaveoc Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    Hey all,
    I'll be taking a Kaplan in class room course in the summer. I've noticed that the review books (bio, chem, phys, ochem) do not have very many practice questions. The lesson book (which contains all 4 subjects) doesn't contain many questions. So, I bought a separate physics review book with some questions. What about you? Are you having to buy additional books just to solve problems? Or do you plan on simply doing the sample exams provided by Kaplan? If you are purchasing separate problem solving books, which ones are you purchasing?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SpartanBlueJay2

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm not sure how much the classroom course differs from the online course (which I took), but while it is true that there aren't too many practice problems in the books, there were tons of problems in the online quizzes and workshops. I did end up getting NOVA physics since I needed extra help there (it is definitely worth getting if physics is a weakness for you), as well as "Organic Chemistry as a Second Language I and II" since I'm a non-trad and it's been about 6 years since I took o-chem. These books were also very helpful.

4. ihdihd

ihdihd Member
    10+ Year Member

If you're a Kaplan student taking a Kaplan class, log into your online syllabus and you'll have access to 11,400 questions.