Some Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slimshadiest

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi future doctors of America and other countries. I have a 3.196 ~ 3.2 overall GPA with a 3.3 in science and a 30 on the MCAT 11B, 10P, 9V. I pretty much screwed up in school for like a year or two due to some circumstances. I'm wondering if i should just apply to medical school or do a post bacc and if i do a post bacc will my score still be good to apply? I took the MCAT aug-2005. I have some EC that include volunteering at hospitals, lab assistant, and doing business development in biotechnology companies. Maybe an MD/MBA program would be better for me, but will a high GMAT score be sufficient to make them forget about my GPA?

Thanks

-Shady

Members don't see this ad.

slimshadiest said:
Hi future doctors of America and other countries. I have a 3.196 ~ 3.2 overall GPA with a 3.3 in science and a 30 on the MCAT 11B, 10P, 9V. I pretty much screwed up in school for like a year or two due to some circumstances. I'm wondering if i should just apply to medical school or do a post bacc and if i do a post bacc will my score still be good to apply? I took the MCAT aug-2005. I have some EC that include volunteering at hospitals, lab assistant, and doing business development in biotechnology companies. Maybe an MD/MBA program would be better for me, but will a high GMAT score be sufficient to make them forget about my GPA?

Thanks

-Shady

It's best to work backwards sometimes... your MCAT score is "fine" in that it is very good and getting a 32-33 would probably make little difference. The MD/MBA or other combined degree programs are not easier to get into no matter your GMAT score. You will never be able to raise your GPA significantly without taking easy classes and no ADCOM wants to see you take easy classes. Your best chance is to do more ECs and apply and reapply if need be. I'd reccomend applying and if you get no interviews reapply next year and apply to DO schools.

slimshadiest said:
what's ADCOM?

admissions committee.

I would say go do a post bacc or a special masters program...if you want almost guaranteed acceptance, do rosalind franklin's program which will almost certainly let you in if you achieve a 3.0+ at the end of their master's program.