You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Someone just tried to give me a $5 tip.
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
...lmfao.
I almost did a little dance and said, "thankee,sir" in my best Oliver Twist voice.
Instead, I politely declined. Now I feel like a sap...that coulda been breakfast.
That's happened many times. It just means you did a good deed. You can afford breakfast without that.....
When I worked at a clinic pharmacy, we had a customer send us flowers on what was clearly a very busy day, and later, when I was at the grocery store, a woman brought me a dozen giant M&M cookies she had baked, to thank me for chasing down an unusual medication she needed that day. 😍
Things like that are just about all I miss about retail.
The woman, BTW, told me to take the cookies home and share them with my husband and kids. I told her that I had neither, and instead shared them with my co-workers. 🙂
Things like that are just about all I miss about retail.
The woman, BTW, told me to take the cookies home and share them with my husband and kids. I told her that I had neither, and instead shared them with my co-workers. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...lmfao.
I almost did a little dance and said, "thankee,sir" in my best Oliver Twist voice.
Instead, I politely declined. Now I feel like a sap...that coulda been breakfast.
That would happen more often if you had a tip jar like we have at our pharmacy.
...lmfao.
I almost did a little dance and said, "thankee,sir" in my best Oliver Twist voice.
Instead, I politely declined. Now I feel like a sap...that coulda been breakfast.
Will this happen if I try to give you a $5? Sounds worth it. 🙄
If we had a tip jar, people would just put their TakeAway rejects in it.
I don't think I've ever seen a tip jar in a pharmacy.
Yup, we get that a lot. I just tell them, nope can't take your money but I appreciate it.
I find it amazing that we are considered a "tip accepting" profession by some more than anything else.
I'm going to try to tip my dentist here in a few weeks when my appointment is up.
I'm going to try to tip my dentist here in a few weeks when my appointment is up.
Kind of like the perspective Dwight from the Office has. "Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did, however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones."I find it amazing that we are considered a "tip accepting" profession by some more than anything else.
I'm going to try to tip my dentist here in a few weeks when my appointment is up.
I have never been offered money. Sometimes people bring stuff. Half the time they are crazy and you are scared to eat what they bring.
I have never been offered money. Sometimes people bring stuff. Half the time they are crazy and you are scared to eat what they bring.
We only eat certain foods from certain people...One time we were brought bagels...patient said she got them from the dumpster outside the bagel shop 🙁
'why would anyone throw away perfectly good bagels' Blank stares from staff
I wonder if indy pharms attract more of that "gratitude." I remember having a bunch of "nice" (read: crazy) patients bring us all kinds of stuff back when i was in high school. "Try this wine I just made." "I just can't seem to get rid of all of these cookies."We only eat certain foods from certain people...One time we were brought bagels...patient said she got them from the dumpster outside the bagel shop 🙁
'why would anyone throw away perfectly good bagels' Blank stares from staff
Now we just have a patient who brings in a box of timmy ho doughnuts or weggies cookies once in a while.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One local pharmacist sometimes does relief work at a pharmacy out in the middle of nowhere, and she has a customer who likes to come in and show off his arrowhead collection. 😕 She didn't mind the first time, but in her case, she must have shown enough interest to make him think she wants to see them every time she's working. 

Someone offered to let me live in their house rent free. I had a very nice older male patient who had mild diabetes and arthritis and I would open the store 10 minutes early once a week and test his blood sugar and answer questions he had. I told him one day that I was moving out of the area due to very high housing costs and he made the offer that I could live with him. I regret not keeping in better contact, he is one of the patients I am most fond of to this day.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K