Something interesting to follow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Esmolol

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Hello, I am doctor Smith, your nurse for today."

Patient: o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah everyone wants to be called “doctor” until the proverbial S—t hits the fan.

When true badness starts going down, suddenly everyone remembers who the real doctors are.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Yeah... because here is the thing... I have a PhD from before med school. Not medicine related at all. It would NEVER occur to me to as to be referred ad "Doctor" when I am just a measly med student...

Yeah... because here is the thing... I have a PhD from before med school. Not medicine related at all. It would NEVER occur to me to as to be referred ad "Doctor" when I am just a measly med student...

I had a PhD in my med school class who introduced himself to patients as Dr. X as an MS-3. That got put to an end quickly, but not before he tried to argue why he was right....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I had a PhD in my med school class who introduced himself to patients as Dr. X as an MS-3. That got put to an end quickly, but not before he tried to argue why he was right....
We had one like that too! As an MS3, going in to a patient with the MS4, she said “Hi! I’m Dr X, and this is the medical student”.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
We had one like that too! As an MS3, going in to a patient with the MS4, she said “Hi! I’m Dr X, and this is the medical student”.
No wonder they say "PhD - permanent head damage..." I always said "Thtat's what PhD stands for -Phake Doctor"
When the school asked us what should be embroidered on our coats I just went with my name, but I have some class mates who have an MPH and they not only have that embroidered but they also sign their emails with "Klaus Smith, MPH". Cracks me up...

Reactions: 1 user
There were independent Crna's in a neighboring state who got their Dr of Divinity degree through the mail. They would introduce themselves as Dr XYZ from anesthesia and I'll be taking care of you today. The state medical society sued and they had to stop saying that.

• Haha
  • Wow
No wonder they say "PhD - permanent head damage..." I always said "Thtat's what PhD stands for -Phake Doctor"
When the school asked us what should be embroidered on our coats I just went with my name, but I have some class mates who have an MPH and they not only have that embroidered but they also sign their emails with "Klaus Smith, MPH". Cracks me up...
I prefer Phony Doctor. And I have a PhD!! The only time I ever pull the "I'm Dr Goro" is when dealing with Hotel staff. It gets things done faster.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Confession:

I have seriously thought about doing an online masters degree in forestry just so I can have my badge read:

Operaman, MD, BAMF

(For the youngins that don’t get it, go watch Pulp Fiction!)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users