whopper

Former jolly good fellow
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
There's one out there and like up to date, its expensive.

Unfortunately I forgot the name. I would get junk mail advertisements to this up to date psychiatry equivalent.

OP
U

UnderGrad

15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2000
Oklahoma Panhandle / SW Kansas
Visit site
Status
Does "Psychiatry Online" sound familiar? I got some junk mail on it today. And yep, it's $$$$. Didn't know if that's the one you were thinking of.

About the Ads

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I believe it is Psychiatry Online.

I personally didn't feel like I wanted it, partly because the price, but also because IMHO, Psychiatry, while an extensive field is much less info than other fields such as Medicine. I felt that the problems you encounter in psychiatry 99% of the time are handled quite well in Kaplan & Sadock and a good attending to answer your question.

Medicine on the other hand--well Up To Date was needed. There's too much info and too much progress going on. Harrison's, the equivalent of Kaplan & Sadock for medicine is too much to read. UTD often had better info than the attending.

I haven't tried psychiatry online though so this could be a case where had I actually tried it, I might've liked it. It'd be nice if someone here who used it could give is their experience with it.

nortomaso

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
whopper said:
I believe it is Psychiatry Online.

I haven't tried psychiatry online though so this could be a case where had I actually tried it, I might've liked it. It'd be nice if someone here who used it could give is their experience with it.

I've used it. It's not really analogous to uptodate at all. Uptodate writes its own referenced--yet opnionated--synopses of recent research on a particular clinical topic. Psych online is just a portal that lets you access different resources: journals, textbooks, guideline, etc. It doesn't really have anything that a good university hospital wouldn't already have via remote access-- it just puts these resources in one place for easy access and provides its own search functionality.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
If that's the case, I don't think I'd even want to try it. I already got what you mentioned in the Library at the hospital.

About the Ads