• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
  • Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
There's one out there and like up to date, its expensive.

Unfortunately I forgot the name. I would get junk mail advertisements to this up to date psychiatry equivalent.

About the Ads

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I believe it is Psychiatry Online.

I personally didn't feel like I wanted it, partly because the price, but also because IMHO, Psychiatry, while an extensive field is much less info than other fields such as Medicine. I felt that the problems you encounter in psychiatry 99% of the time are handled quite well in Kaplan & Sadock and a good attending to answer your question.

Medicine on the other hand--well Up To Date was needed. There's too much info and too much progress going on. Harrison's, the equivalent of Kaplan & Sadock for medicine is too much to read. UTD often had better info than the attending.

I haven't tried psychiatry online though so this could be a case where had I actually tried it, I might've liked it. It'd be nice if someone here who used it could give is their experience with it.

nortomaso

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status (Visible)
whopper said:
I believe it is Psychiatry Online.

I haven't tried psychiatry online though so this could be a case where had I actually tried it, I might've liked it. It'd be nice if someone here who used it could give is their experience with it.

I've used it. It's not really analogous to uptodate at all. Uptodate writes its own referenced--yet opnionated--synopses of recent research on a particular clinical topic. Psych online is just a portal that lets you access different resources: journals, textbooks, guideline, etc. It doesn't really have anything that a good university hospital wouldn't already have via remote access-- it just puts these resources in one place for easy access and provides its own search functionality.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If that's the case, I don't think I'd even want to try it. I already got what you mentioned in the Library at the hospital.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.