Something Stanford Sent Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prometheus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
"I suggest that you stop checking your status. Stanford will review
your AMCAS app as soon as we receive it. We selectively send out
invitations to fill out our online supp app and you will hear from
us as soon as possible.

Stanford MD Admissions"

Do you suppose they want me to stop checking my status at Stanford or just the entire medical school application process? I would certainly do whatever the almighty Stanford adcom "suggests" that I do. I guess they got annoyed with the email I sent them two weeks ago and the two times I logged onto their online status check over the past couple of weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow!

I can't believe they sent you that nasty little note! That's not appropriate besides... As an applicant and especially this year, you have every right to check you status as often as you want! In my opinion of course... What do I know???

Hang in there..We might get thru this okay! :) ;

HAHAHAH,

Was it through email? Or was it normal mail?
I am sure I got one of those too! haha
I have checked my status online like over 10 times in the past week just to see if they updated it! haha
I can't wait to get that note :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If the status check is online, why do they care how many times you check it?

Sure, most webservers keep a database of who accessed it and at what times, but for their staff to actually go in and query the webserver is going out of their way; this stuff doesnt directly affect them unless there are so many people online trying to check the status that it affects the server's performance.

Did you call or email them a hundred times or did you just use the online status check?

I only emailed them twice and checked the online status check twice. This was over a three week period. I guess the person who received my email this afternoon had a rough day. Oh well, I guess I'll have a lot more free time now that I'm not checking my status :D

I've checked my status at least five times in the last two days. I repeatedly get the "No matching records found" thing. I guess I'll be getting that fun little email soon too.

prometheus...just wanted to warn you that today when I attempted to check my status at Stanford I noticed something at the bottom of the "No matching records found" page. It mentiond in a little side note that all status check queries are logged. Because they had your email address and are able to access how many times you've checked your status is probably why you got that nasty little email. I probably would have gotten one but I don't think they have my email address. I wouldn't check it for a while if I were you. I'm certainly not.

I've heard lots of stories about Stanford's Admissions office being quite stuck-up. Who do they think they are anyway?

Originally posted by TwoSteveSquared:
•I've heard lots of stories about Stanford's Admissions office being quite stuck-up. Who do they think they are anyway?•

Stanford.

Thanks, Georgey, I don't think I'm going back to that website for a while :)

I think I am glad I didn't apply to Stanford. I am sure they have gotten a bunch of emails and people are probably checking their site, but I don't think that note was necessary.

That is pure crap with their attitude. They have no reason to monitor applicants like this and keep tabs on something so trivial as checking your status online.

I can understand if they were having problems with too many people logging in, causinng their website to crash or something.

But otherwise, they have no real reason to tell people to back off.

One of my friends applied to standford last year...he was a top notch character...got into cornell, columbia and ucla...

anyway, to make a long story short...standford rejected him without even giving him a secondary...

and they wrote something to the effect of...

We regret to inform you that we can't offer you a secondary for the year 2000, due to the high amount of overqualified applicants. Unfortunately, there was no room left over for you! :eek:

He was like HUH :eek: .....he got really depressed...and then he got an acceptance from colubmia a week after :D

but they really treat you like dirt, and they make sure you feel it too!

Originally posted by MacGyver:

I can understand if they were having problems with too many people logging in, causinng their website to crash or something.

But otherwise, they have no real reason to tell people to back off.•

Even if that were true, they could at least be a little more courteous in their request!