Something that needs to be said...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HawaiiMedMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal. I have my MCAT in two weeks. Every now and then I find myself stressing about it and thinking, "Oh gee wiz, I gotta do good on this thing, and when I get that score of X I'll be golden." And the thing is, I've done that with tests and other things I've needed to get done in the past, but I'm not golden... there is always something else. Obviously the MCAT is something I need to crush to continue on with my education, and I'm putting in a major effort into it, but luckily I've realized that life isn't the next test grade, or the next email that is an interview invite. I will never find contentment in that. Because, well, we always want more. Want what we can't have, whether that be a grade, med school, a significant other, or a butt load of money. Personally, I've found contentment in knowing Jesus and the love He offers. I know that might sound weird, stupid, neurotic, or maybe awesome to some of you, but like I said it is personally how I feel about life. I just want to point out to those who are stressed and going crazy over that next grade, or that acceptance, or whatever it may be, don't. It's ok to be concerned and to put in ALOT of effort, but don't make that the end all of your life.

I think that's all.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to rant about anything.

Much love.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's the deal. I have my MCAT in two weeks. Every now and then I find myself stressing about it and thinking, "Oh gee wiz, I gotta do good on this thing, and when I get that score of X I'll be golden." And the thing is, I've done that with tests and other things I've needed to get done in the past, but I'm not golden... there is always something else. Obviously the MCAT is something I need to crush to continue on with my education, and I'm putting in a major effort into it, but luckily I've realized that life isn't the next test grade, or the next email that is an interview invite. I will never find contentment in that. Because, well, we always want more. Want what we can't have, whether that be a grade, med school, a significant other, or a butt load of money. Personally, I've found contentment in knowing Jesus and the love He offers. I know that might sound weird, stupid, neurotic, or maybe awesome to some of you, but like I said it is personally how I feel about life. I just want to point out to those who are stressed and going crazy over that next grade, or that acceptance, or whatever it may be, don't. It's ok to be concerned and to put in ALOT of effort, but don't make that the end all of your life.

I think that's all.

Much love.

Cool story amigo.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm genuinely happy you've discovered your peace. Congratulations, my friend. I look forward to meeting you in eternal paradise.

Pretty sad that I can't differentiate between a religious post and a troll post anymore.

everyone know god doesnt exist

^ that is a troll post.
sorry big guy

Pretty sad that I can't differentiate between a religious post and a troll post anymore.

I'm not trollin'. Just speaking my mind. It's sad that some people can't help but make a comment that is semi-condescending. But hey feel free to speak your mind as well. 'MERICA.

everyone know god doesnt exist

^ that is a troll post.
sorry big guy

The more I see you type, the more I think you have yet to graduate high school. Your grammar slightly rustles my jimmies to say the least.

The more I see you type, the more I think you have yet to graduate high school. Your grammar slightly rustles my jimmies to say the least.

$20 says he is foreign. I feel your pain

dont need a high school diploma to tell that you are anal retentive

I think that's all.

Much love.

I feel like you're toeing the line between offering genuine help and throwing your faith in my face. I feel like this post would have been significantly more meaningful and effective if you had left the part about Jesus out. Just my opinion.

To get a little psychoanalytical, the language of your post suggests that you expected to take a little flak for posting about Jesus. I think many Christians secretly want to feel a little persecuted for their faith. I suppose the days when Nero threw Christians to the lions were long enough ago to seem rather romantic.

That being said, if Jesus makes you happy, more power to you.

I feel like you're toeing the line between offering genuine help and throwing your faith in my face. I feel like this post would have been significantly more meaningful and effective if you had left the part about Jesus out. Just my opinion.

To get a little psychoanalytical, the language of your post suggests that you expected to take a little flak for posting about Jesus. I think many Christians secretly want to feel a little persecuted for their faith. I suppose the days when Nero threw Christians to the lions were long enough ago to seem rather romantic.

Hey there,

I see what you are sayin. I did say personally though for a reason, because that is how it is for me. I hope it doesn't look like I'm trying to throw anything in anyone's face, just saying what was on my mind in case someone may have needed to hear it.

And as far as the persecution thing, I said those things because this stuff tends to become a debate and that was the very last thing I wanted, so I went ahead and aired out any thoughts that could be thought of to get them out of the way, if that makes sense. haha I really don't want any negativity to come about from this, from any side.

Overall, if you read my post then I'm sure you got the main point out of it. And thank you for the respect though. I really do appreciate that.

And to those who are saying unkind things, you won't be able to talk to a patient like that one day who disagrees with you, so you should start treating each other kindly as practice. :) haha

Hey there,

I see what you are sayin. I did say personally though for a reason, because that is how it is for me. I hope it doesn't look like I'm trying to throw anything in anyone's face, just saying what was on my mind in case someone may have needed to hear it.

And as far as the persecution thing, I said those things because this stuff tends to become a debate and that was the very last thing I wanted, so I went ahead and aired out any thoughts that could be thought of to get them out of the way, if that makes sense. haha I really don't want any negativity to come about from this, from any side.

Overall, if you read my post then I'm sure you got the main point out of it. And thank you for the respect though. I really do appreciate that.

And to those who are saying unkind things, you won't be able to talk to a patient like that one day who disagrees with you, so you should start treating each other kindly as practice. :) haha

Out of curiosity, do you happen to have a beard/longboard or do you frequently wear brightly colored bandanas? I'm trying to get more data on a social archetype I'm developing: the "Christian hipster".

Good luck on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, do you happen to have a beard/longboard or do you frequently wear brightly colored bandanas? I'm trying to get more data on a social archetype I'm developing: the "Christian hipster".

Good luck on the MCAT.

Nah, but I do use Instagram. Does that count?

And thanks man, let's hope I dominate this thing.

Well I am sure you are going to be blasted for this post. A ton of people on here are atheist and very vocal about it. I am with you 100% and glad to see this kind of post.

have you read the bible, particularly the new testament? martyrdom was pretty much thumbed up then, as it is now for the most extremist Muslims.

Well I am sure you are going to be blasted for this post. A ton of people on here are atheist and very vocal about it. I am with you 100% and glad to see this kind of post.
I don't think anyone is going to do any "blasting", if a person has a religious experience/epiphany that's their business.

have you read the bible, particularly the new testament? martyrdom was pretty much thumbed up then, as it is now for the most extremist Muslims.

Right. My point was that in our sterile, politically-correct modern day American culture, Christians seem to relish the opportunity to be outraged by non-believers. It's not like the overwhelming majority is actually going to be persecuted, but they kind of like the feeling because it brings them back to their roots. That's my take.

Right. My point was that in our sterile, politically-correct modern day American culture, Christians seem to relish the opportunity to be outraged by non-believers. It's not like the overwhelming majority is actually going to be persecuted, but they kind of like the feeling because it brings them back to their roots. That's my take.
Hm, that does make sense...maybe at some unconscious level the feeling of persecution gives them a sense of justification/validity?

Hm, that does make sense...maybe at some unconscious level the feeling of persecution gives them a sense of justification/validity?

Exactly. I also think enduring "endless assaults" from non-believers reinforces their sense of community. We're never more together than when we're against someone else. This is probably very common in most cultures but it's particularly interesting to see in American Christians.

Exactly. I also think enduring "endless assaults" from non-believers reinforces their sense of community. We're never more together than when we're against someone else. This is probably very common in most cultures but it's particularly interesting to see in American Christians.

Sigh... Don't make generalizations that are statistically false. Non-believers are statistically higher ranking in compassion and altruism.

Sigh... Don't make generalizations that are statistically false. Non-believers are statistically higher ranking in compassion and altruism.

The point was that the "endless assaults" are mostly imaginary (that's why they are in quotation marks). If you read my posts I think it's fairly patent that I am a non-believer.

I think that's all.

Much love.

Religious belief only brings pain, suffering and misconceptions for me.... although I do enjoy studying it ( history, language, old vs new beliefs) and understanding why in the world people think they have a personal relationship with a being they have never met.

I think that's all.

Much love.

From believing in Christ myself, and not just religiously, I've really been uplifted by what you've written... As to the posts about how you're being "religious" in a negative connotation, and being somewhat condescending, oh well. Maybe someday people will realize that you're not talking directly to them via SDN. :rolleyes:

And I'm beginning to realize more and more that the "scientific" minds of America are more cynical and less accepting than most Christians... LOL?

And I'm beginning to realize more and more that the "scientific" minds of America are more cynical and less accepting than most Christians... LOL?

If by less accepting, you mean less accepting...of claims without evidence or facts, then yes. Why the "LOL"?

What a surprising turn this thread has taken.:rolleyes:

I agree. I was relating to OP so much until that sentence.

HawaiiMedMan, as has been for the People of the Book -Jewish, Muslim and Christians-- for centuries, stating you belief will unfortunately bring persecution.

Also, Buddhist counterparts who are also on the path of spiritual awakeneness and realize the sense of calm the divine brings as you have said, are also currently facing persecution.

C'est la vie. Sigh...

Perhaps it has something to do with the threat that talk of the Spirit brings to the ego. Hostility is the only way the ego knows how to respond. Every one of us has an ego, but not all of us have tapped into our Spirit.

Last edited:
Thread should be renamed to

"Something that needs to be kept in my dear diary"

HawaiiMedMan, as has been for the People of the Book -Jewish, Muslim and Christians-- for centuries, stating you belief will unfortunately bring persecution.

Also, Buddhist counterparts who are also on the path of spiritual awakeneness and realize the sense of calm the divine brings as you have said, are also currently facing persecution.

C'est la vie. Sigh...

Perhaps it has something to do with the threat that talk of the Spirit brings to the ego. Hostility is the only way the ego knows how to respond. Every one of us has an ego, but not all of us have tapped into our Spirit.

This is exactly the kind of imagined persecution I was talking about before. Excellent.

I have yet to detect any thing remotely resembling persecution in this thread. If you think your faith so frail that it can't be discussed politely by others in front of whom you publicly display it, well, sounds like you have a deeper spiritual crisis than a few posts on an internet forum.

This is exactly the kind of imagined persecution I was talking about before. Excellent.

I have yet to detect any thing remotely resembling persecution in this thread. If you think your faith so frail that it can't be discussed politely by others in front of whom you publicly display it, well, sounds like you have a deeper spiritual crisis than a few posts on an internet forum.

Is that so? Hmm, I'll certainly think about it then..

I don't think anyone is going to do any "blasting", if a person has a religious experience/epiphany that's their business.

Don't play dumb you know people argue about religion all the time on here

Don't play dumb you know people argue about religion all the time on here
Please reread my post and the post I was referring to. I never said that no one was going to debate religion, I said the OP wasn't going to get attacked for his religiosity, in retrospect I could be wrong, given the nature of these threads...

Last edited:
Have to love the views of the OP.

So, basically all you're saying is...

Jesus is your nightlight :p

Good luck on the MCAT.

You mean a cripster?

thumb.jpeg

You're welcome for my contribution to this otherwise ridiculous thread. I feel like I'm on /b/ with all this atheists vs. religion silliness. Anybody wanna talk about med school? Yea? No? Whatevs...

C'est la vie. Sigh...

Athiests, Agnostics( thiestic and athiestic) and Secular Humanists, who are on the path of reason and understanding, also realize that calm isn't the proper response to claims of divine beings that cause people to deny reality. This is ------>:scared::barf:+pity+:smack::bang::shrug::poke::bullcrap::uhno::boom::wtf:

You mean a cripster?

thumb.jpeg

You're welcome for my contribution to this otherwise ridiculous thread. I feel like I'm on /b/ with all this atheists vs. religion silliness. Anybody wanna talk about med school? Yea? No? Whatevs...

I sure do :thumbup:... (unsubs from thread)

So I'm assuming no one got the main point of this thread still... If this was a verbal passage I would hate to say many of you missed the "main point of the author" question.

Speaking of verbal... back to studying. And the offer still stands that if anyone is feelin' like they need to ever just rant about something, feel free to PM me.

Hope all is going well with everyone.

Please reread my post and the post I was referring to. I never said that no one was going to debate religion, I said the OP wasn't going to get attacked for his religiosity, in retrospect I could be wrong, given the nature of these threads...

Neurosis does this all the time. Makes stupid comments, and then does not back them up. Or says you don't know what you are talking about and then ignores you. Get used to it...

Neurosis does this all the time. Makes stupid comments, and then does not back them up. Or says you don't know what you are talking about and then ignores you. Get used to it...
Can you tell me how my comment was stupid, and why I need to back it up? I just stated an opinion, I even said it might be wrong. Also, I haven't ignored anyone, the person never responded.

Can you tell me how my comment was stupid, and why I need to back it up? I just stated an opinion, I even said it might be wrong. Also, I haven't ignored anyone, the person never responded.

Apparently I don't need to say anything, since mine was just an opinion. That you are stupid.

Making a reference to past when you ignored me and others. So I will hence ignore now and not hijack.