Sonosim Ultrasound Simulator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hossle12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our school is adding an ultrasound simulation device/program into the curriculum called Sonosim. Here's a short video about it:

Does your school use the device? How useful is it? We are paying a good amount of money for them, so I wanted student perspectives on the device.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Balls. Better to practice on each for reals, or when you have time on a rotation go play with some around the hospital on each other. The ED and ob/gyn always have them floating about, even most medicine floors. Just don't move it far and be ready to clean it quick and hand it over when needed.

Simulation is ****ing stupid when there are a million real patients. Why waste all this money on crappy software that doesn't help you at all for the real thing? So ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Our school is adding an ultrasound simulation device/program into the curriculum called Sonosim. Here's a short video about it:

Does your school use the device? How useful is it? We are paying a good amount of money for them, so I wanted student perspectives on the device.

Used them, they are stupid and a huge waste of money and time

My school the EM club arranged to have a workshop on this with a mentor attending and we used the real deal on each other.

If your school doesn't do this, under whatever banner of club it makes sense, if you set something like this up, that could be a cool thing to highlight on your ERAS app for activities!!

2 birds, 1 sonogram machine.