Soon to be 1st year seeking advice...

Started by LSUTiger18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LSUTiger18

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am graduating from college soon and have already been accepted to LSU-NO through EDP. I am open to all fields of medicine, but I have been exposed to a lot of orthopedics in my undergraduate years (surgery centers, etc...). Obviously most of you are in ortho or soon to be in ortho, so I have two questions:

1. What are some things you wish you would have known going into medschool that you now know? (not just about ortho, but in general)

2. Did anyone "get there foot in the door" for ortho residencies (or any other residency for that matter) early on in medschool and how did you go about doing that?

Thanks