Sooo anxious and frustrated :'( late lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grace10107

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok... So guys I sumbitted my e app late june and finished my secondaries on early august but there is still this one science prof that have NOT submitted my lor. Ive asked him in May and have been bugging him with emails since then with about six times but he says he was busy and will submit it soon (this was said five days ago) . Am i really late for this cycle...? What are really my chances into schools this cycle... Ahhhhhh im so stressed out! Sorry guys for complaining here please give me some advices. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
As long as he submits it relatively soon and your stats are fine then you don't really have much to worry about. I understand how frustrating that is, I was dealing with a similar thing earlier in the summer. At least he is getting back to you and not straight up ignoring your messages.

Yeah I've given my committee a few months to submit my letter and they haven't done jack ****... Everything else is done for me and I'm just waiting -_-. Maybe send a reminder? There's not much we can do

Members don't see this ad :)
Same boat :whistle: submitted my app and everything else Mid-July and still waiting on the committee letter. :meh:

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, education admins are either very busy or super lazy... I've seen both cases, but they all get it done eventually. Keep your head up! If it doesn't get sent by the end of this month, I'd remind them again, and again, and again.

I had a professor that took over 2 months to respond and this was back in late April. Turns out she was out of the country for some o-chem conference and also had to grade finals and catch up on grant-writing.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel your pain. One of my professors forgot to submit it back in June and it took me an extra month and a half of emailing/calling to get it submitted. The only thing I can say is that you will love the feeling of relief once he finally does. If I were in your shoes I would call at the one week mark...but that's just me.