Sooo... where do you guys change cloth after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xkn123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's the situation, a residency interview sponsored one night of hotel, which is checking in the day before and check out at the day of interview. I plan to catch plane right after interview. Interviews usually goes till 1-1:30 PM which means I'm checking out the hotel at the morning of interview, which means I don't have access to the hotel room any more.
So when you guys in this kind of situation, do you just wear suits till you're back home or where is usually a place to change suits to a more comfortable one for traveling after the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Larger hotels will often have a gym&locker room you can ask to use after check out but any bathroom including ones @airport will do

Home when you get off the plane (or the hotel in the next city on your interview tour).

Take off the jacket and tie. If your suit pants and shirt are so uncomfortable that you can’t sit in them for a few hours on the plane, get different clothes

Reactions: 1 user
I think this is a question I should start asking interviewees to evaluate their critical thinking skills!

But to be nice and answer your question for a variety of reasons I've had to change outside of a hotel room and I always do it in the airport lounge bathroom or changing room or the hotel bathroom.

Home when you get off the plane (or the hotel in the next city on your interview tour).

Take off the jacket and tie. If your suit pants and shirt are so uncomfortable that you can’t sit in them for a few hours on the plane, get different clothes
Two words...panty hose.

If my hotel was close to the interview site, I’d just leave my suitcase at the hotel desk and change in their lobby bathroom on the way out. It had the added benefit of not having to lug a suitcase with me to the interview! I find airplanes uncomfortable enough as it is without worrying about keeping my neighbor’s Coke off my shirt.

Reactions: 1 users
Anywhere you won't get arrested for indecent exposure is fine to change. Doing so in the bathroom near where you interviewed may be a bit odd if people notice it. The actual airplane bathroom will he difficult to do it in. Anywhere else should be no problem.

Just do it in the hospital lobby straight up. Or have your change of clothes under your suit and you can just strip down as soon as you walk out of the interview.

Just do it in the hospital lobby straight up. Or have your change of clothes under your suit and you can just strip down as soon as you walk out of the interview.

I’ll raise you one: stripper pants at the interview so you can rip them off more dramatically.

Reactions: 5 users